Nudity vs Intimacy

Nudity is a celebration of life, an acceptance of our common humanity. It's interaction among us as social beings. We can all play, dance, sing and recreate together. The absence of clothing is an expression of freedom--bodily freedom. Unites us, makes us one, lets all who participate enjoy all that we have in common--with no holds or barriers, social, racial, economic or otherwise.

Intimacy, on the other hand, is an expression of our innermost and private selves, shared very specially, a wholly different human interaction known as love.

Both involve nudity and openness, yet are different from one another. We nudists are indeed fortunate in that we can, and do, experience both.

This topic was edited
RE:Nudity vs Intimacy

Us nudists have a common interest - enjoying day to day life without clothes and meeting others with the same interest. When we do meet we chat and interact in much the same way as anyone else, except that we happen to be naked. There is often an open spirit amongst nudist - as they say we have nothing to hide. That's my experience.

I make friends with fellow nudists. And there are a few very special friends with whom I get intimate. And I sometimes just get intimate just for the joy of sex. Nudists can enjoy sex just like anyone else. Why not? But let's not confuse the two.

Textiles get intimate too, sometimes getting naked to enjoy their intimacy/sex.

This post was edited

VERY well said Leolucbx & Ollygrumps! There's not much to add to those sentiments other than to say you have likely expressed the feelings of many other TN Members. Thanks for your comments.
Jay

This post was edited

That was beautiful and very true. Than you.

This post was edited

Well said guys.

This post was edited

Could not have said it better. Thanks guys.

This post was edited

Nudity to me is the outward reflection of an inner state of mind , where one feels at ease with the way one has been created and longs to blend in with the rest of nature and creation. Nudity is not about exhibiting oneself or fulfilling one's sexual need, though there is a very thin dividing line between nudity and sex and every genuine nudist knows that that does not have to be smudged.
Nudity has a certain Simplicity, Spirituality and Sensuality about it. It does not warrant sex or intimacy. Intimacy on the other hand is certainly an expression of ones desires or feelings for shared closeness, whether out of love or basic need for sexual fulfillment. It does not necessarily call for complete nudity , but in a state of nakedness it brings a certain oneness to the whole experience.

This post was edited

Very nicely put chaps. There is a level of intimacy involved in being socially naked, you are inviting more closeness as a naked person..more trust and openess....as genuine Naturist we all appreciate that. But we save our most intimate times for the one ( or ones!!! ) we are closest too, a soul mate if you're lucky enough to have found one....or at times...any port in a storm!!
Al x

This post was edited

I couldn't agree more. This well said. Thank you for in better terms.

This post was edited