RE:camping nude in a nonnude campground

I have been nude around a campfire at night with textiles walking by the main road. I really like to go way out in the desert and dry camp for a day or two. Never had to worry about covering up as there was not a soul around. I love the quiet of the desert at night where all I can see are stars and open horizon.

This post was edited

I think is ok to do it as long you dont bother/ offend the other people. I was camping in a desert couple of days ago and I was nude always inside and also very late outside for short times to avoid making people uncomfortable. We must respect each other and being tolerant and discreet if we know we are in a textile environment.

This post was edited

Many times but depending on the other campers, I would adjust the stealth level of my endeavours. Kids being the biggest deterrent. But I have always been lucky to get to camp with some amazing people who were there for same reasons I was. A quiet and private weekend for some alone time away from their families. Gathering nude around a campfire at night exchanging wild stories of amazing and or stupid feats in the nude. Funniest part is watching everyone scatter like roaches when headlights would pull in to campground.

This post was edited

Funniest part is watching everyone scatter like roaches when headlights would pull in to campground.

LOL! The mental picture to accompany that thought is amusing, let alone watching. Assuming you are watching and not focused on your own part in the scattering... :-)

This post was edited

I'm thinking about my being allergic to handcuffs and being on the offenders list not to mention a wrecked business after something like that . This is non forgiving area. We of course have stayed in textile campgrounds. We are naked in the camper but of course the shades drawn. Feels like a closed in box to me.

I absolutely REALLY don't like that so closed in feeling what so ever after being in jail once as a rowdy teen and that has always stuck with me. Problem solver is go to only Nude destinations. One thing out of my control is having a father who was a Police Officer and his best friend who was the Sheriff thinking I needed to learn a lesson and I can say lesson learned!

This post was edited

Here in California, nudity is illegal in Bureau of Land Management and National Forest Service areas, and frowned on in other places, so discretion is needed. I did a campout last summer in BLM land in what they call "dispersed camping" where you go deep into the woods. The upside is that you're not likely to meet anybody, the downside is that there are no approved water sources or toilets, so you have to bring your own facilities.

I got to spend two days naked with a friend. We couldn't light a fire, because of the restrictions due to the wildfire crisis.

Shortly after, they closed that whole area to dispersed camping due to the wildfire danger ... not so much that we campers were lighting fires, but that there might be no way of getting us out if the area was on fire. Now that the rainy season is arriving, those bans will be lifted. But the weather will not be amenable to nude camping.

The only time I've been nude in a non-nude campground was very late at night, when I'd go to the restroom and back. I figured that if anybody caught me, I'd plead that nature was calling more loudly than usual, and I had no time to dress. But so far, I haven't had to use that excuse.

This post was edited

my campsite, my fire, I had a big blanket. Patrols were to deter people from exploring a waterfall on the opposite side of the road in complete darkness. no swimming was severely enforced especially at night Local LEO's were not interested in being naked as long as you were responsibly courteous about it if there were minors around.

This post was edited

When camping I am pretty much nude in my tent all the time, except for summer when the rain fly is off the tent. But I will throw on a robe if I have to head to restroom or showers. I am not there to expose myself but no sense in putting on extra clothes that you are just going to take off when you get there.

Stay Naked!

This post was edited

Not so much camping nude, but not dressing until necessary after sleeping nude. I went camping with a nude friendly buddy who gets up earlier than I do. He took it upon himself to make breakfast, and woke me up to "get your nekkid a$$ out here and have some coffee!" Needless to say I put on shoes out of necessity then strolled outside to enjoy some coffee carrying only a blanket, also out of necessity. I needed cover if anyone happened by, but they didn't. The scene more or less repeated itself again the next day too.

We both had an incredible weekend doing absolutely nothing. I have a crazy feeling we will be doing this again, hopefully soon.

Edit: while we didn't need it this trip, I think my 10x10 EZ-up canopy with side curtains would go a long way toward increasing campsite privacy.

This post was edited

What do you do about those critters that LOVE open available flesh of all kinds - ie, those pesky mosquitoes! They are not too bad during the day, but come evening time, they are out to "kill"!

This post was edited