camping nude in a nonnude campground

has anyone tried this?

This topic was edited
RE:camping nude in a nonnude campground

In the days when I had a trailer-tent I would position it so that I could be naked in and around it, only dressing to come and go but usually going to the shower and toilet block simply wrapped in my towel.

This post was edited

I camp at a Vermont campground that is non-nude. I use it because it is very close walking distance to a clothing optional (lake) beach I love to use. It's so interesting that nudity is legal in Vermont, with many places you can walk in the woods nude, and there is a nude beach close by, but this campground does not allow nudity at all and the owners frown even on the very existence of the nude beach. Half the campers use the beach but people have to be discreet at the campground. For a while they had small sex specific restrooms, each with separate toilet stalls and one glass door shower stall visibly open to the sink area. Then about five years ago they added a privacy curtain outside the stall. That was kind of ridiculous as the space was incredibly tiny and cramped and as I said one side was all male anyway, the other female, so who would care? Then last year they went farther and they tore down the old bathrooms and built new private individual restrooms, no more shared spaces, each with locking doors and each with it's own shower, toilet and sink. Anyway, that's what the place is like. I am of course always nude in my tent and I know some other people are nude in their campers and in some of the permanently parked seasonal trailers. I wrap a towel as I walk to and from the restrooms. I wear pants or shorts to walk the couple thousand feet to the clothing optional beach and then strip down there. For years sometimes, if I got up to relieve myself during the night I just did it nude, as a male it's easy to just find a spot near the tent. Then, one year I waited too long to book my space and the only option was to take a site up on a very steep undriveable hill. It was far from the rest rooms and a not too easy walk down a hill to get to them, but it was so remote it provided lots of privacy. Only a few campsites had much of a view into this one and they weren't used too often. So now I actually request it and when I can use it I am able to stay nude some of the time I am there.

This post was edited

Done this many times. If we do stay at a textile campground, I'm still nude outside the motorhome at least a couple of times during our stay... if only to walk to our car to retrieve something, late at night.

We used to belong to a private membership textile campground about an hour away from home. There we many times when the campground was almost empty and we'd find an out of the way spot with no one else camped nearby and we'd sit naked out under our awning. I always parked my car/truck so that it gave us a bit more privacy. At our membership campground, we'd rarely have anyone go by but the ranger and he only passed by once during the day.

At other textile campgrounds, we usually wait til it's dark and we go out, have a drink, I smoke a cigar and we enjoy a little outdoor naked time at a non nude campground. With a bit of planning and maneuvering of your vehicle, you can provide enough privacy for this.

This post was edited

Some good stories. I sometimes get a little nude time in when camping at one particular campground, it's tricky as it is quite public with lots of walkers but have used my tent to shield me while I get some sun and read a book.

This post was edited

Hey Doug, what campground is that in Vermont?

This post was edited

I have camped with my wife in a couple of non-nude campgrounds where we slept nude, and we both got up in the middle of the night to go out of the tent to pee without bothering to put clothes on. We also camped at a weekend long music festival where we slept nude and had sex about 10:00am in our tent , but neither of us left the tent without putting clothes on first. There were always people active and moving about at that place.

This post was edited

Hey Doug, what campground is that in Vermont?
White Caps. There's another campground about 4 miles away. I've never used it but I might check it out. But I like this one because it's close to the beach and I love going for short early morning naked hikes and then a swim and I love walking over after dark and swimming nude. There are usually just a few other people there and they're usually nude too.

This post was edited

I've been to White Caps and didn't like it. The location is all it had going for itself. I was in the tent area and the sites are so small, with no trees providing privacy, that it felt like I was tailgating. The area up the hill sounds nicer, though I didn't see it. One of my pics is from that weekend, though I didn't find the clothing optional area.

This post was edited

When inside my tent, I am almost always nude, unless during hot times when I take rain fly off. I am a nudist, not an exhibitionist after all.

Stay Naked!

This post was edited

In the days when I had a trailer-tent I would position it so that I could be naked in and around it, only dressing to come and go but usually going to the shower and toilet block simply wrapped in my towel.
On re-reading this post of mine I have remembered the riverside camp site where the showers and toilets were approached by an open tread staircase because they were raised about 8 feet to be above the winter flood level.
After a few days of going to the showers wrapped only in my towel my wife informed me that my genitals were on complete display as I went up or down the steps.

This post was edited