RE:Cited for indecent exposure! Me too!

Thanks everyone for responding,Unfortunately, I think I may have been caught in a loophole specifically involving a national wildlife refuge. And again, just to be clear, it was a stupid move on my part to not think there would be cameras there in the first place. Here's the code on the ticket, as stated on the code of federal regulations website:27.83 Indecency and disorderly conduct.Any act of indecency or disorderly conduct as defined by State or local laws is prohibited on any national wildlife refuge.This is on a US District Court violation notice, and it was a federal officer.I would very much like to fight this, especially since it is a $500 fine, but there are two problems. First, I can't afford a lawyer for something like this right now. Second, I live in Florida. Florida is one of the very few states in which all records are public. According to the officer, if I pay the fine it will be done and this will never even reach the state, which means there will be no public record of it. If I fight it, it gets handed over to state courts and would be published with my name and all info.The lowlife tabloid type media prey on this kind of stuff and I'm 100% sure that simply having the word "nude" on a violation would be enough to throw up a red flag somewhere. The last thing I need is for it to go viral, with my name, that I was caught on camera naked in a wildlife refuge. So basically, I'm screwed and it's gonna cost me $500. Nobody to blame but myself, expensive lesson learned: ALWAYS scope out the area before going nude!This sucks, now I'm going to be super paranoid everywhere I go!

Is the officer named? Is the time and date correct? Is the federal officer issuing the citation the one who called? In other words, who id'ed your plates, who called you, and how did that get to a citation? Who verified that this is correct, and that there was sufficient evidence? When I was camera snagged in Spain and Colombia both for speeding, they sent the stills with the plate closeup, the digital metadata and the information for the human beings who double checked that it was correct.

Does it say nude on the citation? Not on what you shared, it says "indecency or disorderly conduct". It's very unlikely anyone would care, but it's also prudent to avoid public record.

This blog has some interesting information, it would appear they are being VERY liberal with their framing There is no bylaw against nudity. They have to make it disorderly conduct for it to stick. There was no signage. The camera was not marked. You were alone in the middle of nowhere and accidents happen. You returned to your car and left. Park Rangers must make this decision, and it wasn't a ranger who called, it was conservation (who cannot issue the citation). They called you because the video wasnt enough. They got you to admit that you were nude and defend yourself yes? In the future, you have the right to remain silent. You don't need to talk to anyone on the phone about a citation. They have the evidence? Grand, send the ticket please. You need info from me to make the ticket? I don't think so. They pushed a legal line here by getting you to inculpate yourself in the issuance of a citation. In the future, don't talk to cops or anything like a cop unless it's a detective in an interrogation with a lawyer present.

https://www.boondockersbible.com/knowledgebase/is-nude-camping-legal-on-federal-lands/

This stinks of entrapment. I would contact legal aid and lay out your case. Spend no time on why you were nude beyond hot, tired, and bathroom and mistake. Maintain that story. Florida is well (I mean well) known for nudity in public of the most unbelievable origins and outcomes so this is very very tame.

Here is the state law which I think you will find relevant. Disorderly conduct is one of the most defendable charges. I'd call legal aid and see if they will file an injunction a stay or a reduced settlement for you.

https://www.husseinandwebber.com/crimes/public-order-obstruction/disorderly-conduct/#:~:text=Penalties%20for%20Disorderly%20Conduct,probation%2C%20and%20a%20%24500.00%20fine.

This post was edited