RE:Cited for indecent exposure!

Correct. I received the citation already. It is a US District Court Violation Notice. The officer was legit, after the camera incident I sat in my car for about 15 minutes searching the map for another destination. A ranger/officer with federal markings was pulling into the lot as I was leaving, and I stopped and chatted with him for a minute about the trails (I was dressed). At the time he even confirmed that I was likely the only person to enter the park the entire day. This was the same officer that called me several days later.

I've spoken with AANR and they are working on figuring out what the options are, I'll post an update once a decision is made. Thanks again for all of the input.

This post was edited

In the Advocacy section of the August AANR Bulletin I saw a brief reference that must be related to this case. It said the AANR had intervened in a case of a nude hiker cited in a remote area on land that was managed by the US Fish & Wildlife Service. It said the AANR had contacted the US Attorneys Office and expected to have the case dismissed or charges reduced. Any updates on the status of this case?

This post was edited

There are no nudity laws that apply to federal land BUT the national government allows the local laws to apply to the federal land. So if nudity is against the law in the state where the federal land is, it's illegal on that federal land. Some areas don't enforce it, some do.

This post was edited

Here are the Florida laws: https://naturistaction.org/StatesFrames/Legislation_Summary_Frames/Kentucky_Summary/kentucky_summary.html

This post was edited
RE:Cited for indecent exposure! Me too!

You might get your neighbor to sign a letter saying he's not offended by you being nude on his cam.

This post was edited

There are no nudity laws that apply to federal land BUT the national government allows the local laws to apply to the federal land. So if nudity is against the law in the state where the federal land is, it's illegal on that federal land. Some areas don't enforce it, some do.

Well, there are laws, and then there are regulations. Here's a good explanation:

https://www.boondockersbible.com/knowledgebase/is-nude-camping-legal-on-federal-lands/

Note that the only agency whose land is exempt from all state and local regulations is the National Park Service. But if the managers of that land deem nudity to be "lewd" or "obscene" then you may be in trouble.

This post was edited

Hello Everyone,

Finally getting a chance to post an update here. Apparently I have an intelligent moment every once in a while at least, and I heeded the advice of several people here and I contacted the AANR. Not only were they interested in helping, one of the directors is a local practicing lawyer in the district this case was appointed to. They were able to contact the District Attorney and get him/her to agree to recommend dropping the case. Then they proceeded to get approval from the court clerk to represent me at the hearing, without me needing to be present. They sat in court all day for me, because it was the last case heard and the ONLY one for the entire day that was dismissed. Amazing...

All of this was done free of charge to me, in return for simply posting the story here and letting everyone know how awesome AANR is and to encourage everyone to join!

Thanks again to everyone for all of the advice and interest, this all turned out way better than I could have hoped.

This post was edited

All of this was done free of charge to me, in return for simply posting the story here and letting everyone know how awesome AANR is and to encourage everyone to join!

Thanks much for the update. AANR certainly deserves the plug!

This post was edited

Congratulations. Another victory for the nudists!

This post was edited

Hello Everyone,Finally getting a chance to post an update here. Apparently I have an intelligent moment every once in a while at least, and I heeded the advice of several people here and I contacted the AANR. Not only were they interested in helping, one of the directors is a local practicing lawyer in the district this case was appointed to. They were able to contact the District Attorney and get him/her to agree to recommend dropping the case. Then they proceeded to get approval from the court clerk to represent me at the hearing, without me needing to be present. They sat in court all day for me, because it was the last case heard and the ONLY one for the entire day that was dismissed. Amazing...All of this was done free of charge to me, in return for simply posting the story here and letting everyone know how awesome AANR is and to encourage everyone to join!Thanks again to everyone for all of the advice and interest, this all turned out way better than I could have hoped.

That's great to hear. I did not know AANR did that. Congrats!

This post was edited