RE: The Emmy award winning TV Show The Doctors discusses Nude Recreation Friday

I actually set my scheduler on the cell phone so I would remember to watch this show. I must say I was quite unimpressed by some of the comments, they were connecting nudity and sexuality on a few points. There were also some incredibly stupid questions they were answering....is it ok to skinny dip naked, is it OK to be in a sauna naked,is it ok to sleep nude....is it OK to shave pubic hair......what insane questions! Nothing there that couldnt have been condensed down to 5 minutes, leaving much more time to answer some serious queries about naturism, nude resorts, and maybe the nude living lifestyle. Overall rating, 5 out of 10. Sorry, but I think they treated the topic as a titilating and attention getting unimportant topic.
Yes, I agree. Too many ridiculous questions and they treated nuditymostly as an attention-getter andas a segueway to sex.
Oliver, The show was called "The Naked Truth about your health." It covered many different areas of being nude like going to see your doctor. So it was not just about sex. You're the first person to bring up where you thought nudism was confused with sex on this show and we've received well over 500 e-mails or read posts on forums about it. Now Dr Ruth is always about sex, but she wasn't on that segment. MC
Hi MC, I respectfully disagree because Dr. Ruth led off the program and people associate her with sex. Her segment ran longer than any other and it was all about sex (what foods are safe, etc.). Then before every commercial, theykept showinga little preview about "getting naked" and it was a couple stripping and hiding behind a sofa obviously getting ready to have sex. The whole implication of getting nude was to have sex. Sure, there was seeing your doctor and other small things (no pun intended) but there wasNO attempt by the Doctors themselves, to make a clear distinction between nudism and sex. Just the opposite, they played into the general public's fears about nudity. For example, Dr. Stork asking Dr. Ruth, "Is there a cut-off age where your children should see you naked?" Then Dr. Ruth's reply of "between 3 and 5 years of age" which clearly contradicts what you and I and all other nudists stand for.

This post was edited

Just to add to my previous post, it would have been nice if they concentrated solely on nudism and the naturist lifestyle. They could have even had a debate whether or not adults can be nude in front of children, and vice versa. I am sure there would have been enough material there to fill the hour. They did not need all the other fillers (like the makeup - absolutely irrelevant and pointless).

This post was edited
RE: The Doctors

Re my post 3 minutes ago: I am not "textile"! I don't know where that came from.S.
Hi Sandy. Welcome to the site. You will find a lot of friendly and helpful people here.
Textile is simply a reflection of the number of posts you have made. The subject is covered herehttps://www.truenudists.com/forum/viewthread.php?id=14640and includes a chart showing the different levels.

This post was edited
RE: The Doctors

Hi Mr Sandy,
Actually Tom and I were the experts on nudism and Tom discussed the freedom and fun of being nude. Everything he said though was edited out.
People have to realize the show is about the doctors, not about experts like us. They didn't know that Tom and I were science majors in college and are very knowledgeable about microbiology, biology, physiology, and nudtrition (I almost finished my masters in nutrition), etc. We could tell they were a little uncomfortable when we had added information, like when Tom was saying that Vit D really is a hormone and so far has been linked to preventing 16 different cancers (including skin cancer), besides heart health and bone health. that 70% of Americans are deficient in Vit D and that more and more studies show human made Vit D is superior to drug company supplements. In Italy, they now recommend people try to spend 2 hours a day 3 times a week with the maximum amount of skin exposed to the sun. Now there is a conundrum as the tanner you get, melanin slows down the production of Vit D.
And a recent Cornell University study links increased cases of autism to the mother's lack of Vit D.
We never tried to upstage them, just when we were asked questions, Tom answered them very knowlegeably which might be why he was cut. Oh well that's show business
MC

This post was edited
The Emmy award winning TV Show The Doctors discusses Nude Recreation Friday

At least they included some aspect of nudism in the show. Some publicity is better than no publicity at all. I believe that they spent too much time on nudism as a sexual thing. The time given to Dr. Ruth would attest to that. The questions that they chose to answer were rather juvenile in nature and the producer who picked that set of questions should be looking for another line of work. I believe that they could have better served their audience by discussing the health aspects of body acceptance and nudism. (The nudism that I'm referring to here is private nudism and not necessarily social nudism.)
I had other questions for MC and Tom but you answered them pretty well in other posts. You both looked very good for the cameras.

This post was edited

MC, I am glad you cleared up what happened on the set. I was wondering why Tom never spoke during the spot that we actually were able to view. I thought the piece was well done. The program is about the "Doctors", so they cannot be upstaged. I am sure they have agendathat they are pushing and do not want anthing to interfer with it.
Mike

This post was edited

I wish we could see an unedited clip. I would love to hear it all and be able to evaluate the editing. Of course, with my temper I would probably be writing a letter before the end of the clip.

MC, would it be possible for you and Tom to film a short rebuttal with Tom's answers and post it to youtube?
Or at least a rough transcript, posted here. I'm sure we would all love to see his side of the story.

This post was edited

Rebuttal? There is really nothing to rebut. They all said they're pro skinny dipping. Tom basically said the regular line about how great it is to be a nudist, etc. We already have a few you tube videos of us saying how nice nude recreation is.
Now part of the reason they invited Tom and me to be on the show is they liked how Tom appeared on this CNN segment:
https://bit.ly/CNNSkinnyDipVideo They never heard me talk until I got to the studio as Tom handled everything, and then he's edited out probably because he talked scientific with them.
Tom is on the AANR PR team. He tells me all the comments they are getting are very positive. You don't want to "rebut" a show that agrees with your point of view and just edited you a lot as you won't get invited for other pr opportunities.
MC

This post was edited