The Ongoing Battle to Convince Nudists to Wear Face Masks

Mathieu with his girlfriend Morgane ...

"The couple believe wearing a face mask is in contradiction with this
lifestyle and plan to ignore the government recommendations while vacationing...

... keeping distance from other sunbathers will be enough. "

20 yr old Arnault, a student introduced to naturism by his parents ...

I dont see the point of naturism if Im going to be forced
to wear a mask, he said, describing the idea as "stupid".

More on this article: www.vice.com/en_uk/article/wxqezb/nudists-naturists-coronavirus-face-masks

This topic was edited
RE:The Ongoing Battle to Convince Nudists to Wear Face Masks

_
How many of you share their sentiments?

Are you less of a nudist/naturist for wearing one?
Is your reputation as a nudist tarnished for wearing a face mask/covering?
Do you lose face with other nudists?

Your AANR, TNS, INF, etc., membership revoked?
Are you banned from going to nude beaches or resorts?

Is it really that bad to wear a mask or face covering?
Is it really that big of an issue?

This post was edited

I keep a mask handy and see no contradiction between naturism and wearing a mask. In any setting where social distancing cannot be reasonably assured, wearing a mask is a health issue. For the sake of comparison, if a nudist wears shoes for protection from terrain, or is bald and wears a hat for protection from the sun, would you really consider them *not* a nudist, liable to be bounced from AANR or TNS? Of course not.

That said, if I am outdoors in a low-density setting (e.g. hiking trail) with no difficulty maintaining lots of physical separation from others, I do not wear a mask because in such instances a mask serves no purpose.

This post was edited

He describes the idea as stupid

I remember hearing President Dubya once say that he wanted the best educated Americans in America. He must have ditched that policy.

This post was edited

I keep a mask handy and see no contradiction between naturism and wearing a mask. In any setting where social distancing cannot be reasonably assured, wearing a mask is a health issue. For the sake of comparison, if a nudist wears shoes for protection from terrain, or is bald and wears a hat for protection from the sun, would you really consider them *not* a nudist, liable to be bounced from AANR or TNS? Of course not.That said, if I am outdoors in a low-density setting (e.g. hiking trail) with no difficulty maintaining lots of physical separation from others, I do not wear a mask because in such instances a mask serves no purpose.

Basically my position also.

This post was edited

Let them get infected. If they die or have a bad time with symptoms, at least they know that it was their choice. As long they dont infect other is fine, no need to fight with extremist nudist.

Only problem with that is masks are more effective in preventing infection from the wearer than to them.

This post was edited

I wear a mask when in public as a courtesy to those around me just like I wear pants and a shirt. That does not affect my membership status either. If wearing a mask allows a nudist venue to open, then I will wear a mask. If I am in a group of known people and we are All okay with not wearing a mask, then I will take it off.

I dont like wearing them for extended periods of time but it is not always about me.

This post was edited

Nudists in US Are Angry Over Coronavirus Mask Requirements

"Although she will wear a mask, one person recently called
to say they will not because it would "ruin their suntan," ..."

popculture.com/trending/news/nudists-us-angry-coronavirus-mask-requirements/

This post was edited

I wear a mask, although I would prefer not to. It is my opinion that the wearing of a mask is for the best of society and disease control. It ranks right up there with the sexual disease prevention in the best for the society as a whole. We all have to live with this pandemic and need to help the others in our population to survive it as well. It is our duty to society and fellow man to do so!

It is true that it mostly protects the other individual but if I'm not aware of being infected yet, it will help them to remain clean as well. One can infect soo many without knowing it that it is what is driving this pandemic ....

This post was edited

I wear my mask indoors when I'm checking into the resort. It comes off with the rest of my clothing outside. It's not difficult to maintain six foot social distance while tanning/lounging on the patio or using the pool. I've been the only person in the Jacuzzi when I've used that and would put the mask back on if I had any business in the clubhouse.

This post was edited

I wear a mask, although I would prefer not to. It is my opinion that the wearing of a mask is for the best of society and disease control. It ranks right up there with the sexual disease prevention in the best for the society as a whole. We all have to live with this pandemic and need to help the others in our population to survive it as well. It is our duty to society and fellow man to do so!It is true that it mostly protects the other individual but if I'm not aware of being infected yet, it will help them to remain clean as well. One can infect soo many without knowing it that it is what is driving this pandemic ....

Well worded, Thank You.

This post was edited