Arrested for Indecent exposure.

On Friday I'd got back from an evening walk, stripped off once inside, had a cuppa & a bowl of soup, I was just thinking of making another cuppa when someone banged on my door I grabbed my dressing gown put it on answered the door to find 3 police officers who charged me with indecent exposure...........
They got me dressed & whilst a male officer saw to me dressing the two female officers searched my house, they seized my camera & I don't know what else (possibly a MET-art picture of Rita B) they wanted my mobile phone but I've not seen that since February so couldn't help them there, then with a coat & my wallet took me off to the local nick with cells.
Once there after an hour or two I was charged & learned what it was about.

"One day last month I went for an early morning walk, nude but with my shorts bunched on my belt once I'd got to depopulated zone, movement up ahead I noticed a person walking toward me - I slid my shorts across myself hiding my manhood, our paths crossed 2m apart, I said hello, usual pleasantries, she said "I've heard about you", - some cyclist friend of a friend had seen me on the moors last year, She stood her ground & suggested I move off I said something like she'd see my bum then so she walked off the other way but turned before she went out of sight so I moved to walk away trying to move my shorts to cover my bum but they snagged on my flesh & she may have seen front & back but from a distance but I certainly didn't try to expose myself.
whilst being questioned I was asked if I wanted a solicitor - I asked if one was available they said no not until tomorrow, (they had already spoken about how I would get home but not when) so hoping I might get back home that night, I agreed not to wait, it was all filmed & recorded in triplicate on disks.
Once past the that incident she brought up my Paper boy job, how it nicely coincided with kids going to school & me doing my exercises on benches on my route when my legs got too painful to walk, wearing a long jacket - my Paramo waterproof with shorts underneath"
The charging officer said that a description of me had been put into the local papers asking people to come forward with information.
they will contact me by post they said, they nearly didn't let me go on the grounds I might take my life

I'm scared to death, I was given a lift home by the police before it got fully light.

Please does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do?

This topic was edited
RE:Arrested for Indecent exposure.

Get a lawyer and dont tell them about this site, they might go through your pics and what groups you belong too.

This post was edited

Contact BN Pete as well as getting a solicitor. Did you ask them to check their own police guidelines on nudity in public?

This post was edited

My BN membership card gives this website address regarding English law and naturism : www.bn.org.uk/policing. It gives a link to the police guidance on naturists being naked in public. Basically it says they should not arrest you as any prosecution will fail. It is not illegal for a naturist to be naked in public. If you have any problems join BN (British Naturism) and they will defend you.... And you could even sue them for wrongful arrest but that might be pushing it.

This post was edited

Stay calm in the knowledge that you have not broken the law. You should take heart in the fact that it is not unlawful to be naked in public.
I am sad to hear your predicament , but you have a community on your side, so stay strong.

This post was edited

Contact BN Pete as well as getting a solicitor. Did you ask them to check their own police guidelines on nudity in public?

I agree with contacting British Naturism at https://www.bn.org.uk/contactus/. Their legal team have a track record of no convictions for anybody they have defended.
They obviously prefer to defend members, but they have defended several non-members and I consider it to be well worth the cost of membership if they request you to join.

This post was edited

Thanks folks trying to join BN but they want to know what offenses I've had, email sent waiting for reply from them
nothing more from police yet.
I keep trying to take my mind off it or I just go to pieces

This post was edited

Have you got copies of the police& BN guidelines Pete?

This post was edited

Thanks folks trying to join BN but they want to know what offenses I've had, email sent waiting for reply from themnothing more from police yet.I keep trying to take my mind off it or I just go to pieces
An email for the legal team telling them about your current predicament would be the better approach.

This post was edited

Public nudity is legal, public lewdness isnt.

If there is a suggestion of lewdness by members of the public then the police have to investigate.

If it was a naturist going about his business then there will be no charges.

I hope it all works out for the OP.

This post was edited

How come you didnt know this happen so frequently specially to nudist men in non nudist environment. Enjoy nudism in your privacy and do not bother others. If you want public nudity there are plenty of options you might consider to avoid this unnecessary bad experiences. I hope you can calm down, sole all the issues with the police and learn from this situation.

Rafael, it actually isn't that common, when you consider how many miles of naked walking happens in this country.

I know of one other incident where a walker is repeatedly visited by the police, but other than that it's generally very quiet

This post was edited