Enter marriage/relationship with non- nudist

Hi all, I would like some thoughts on whether a middle aged person should consider entering into marriage or committed relationship with a non-nudist. Knowing nudism is something she is completely committed to. Should she go ahead knowing she will probably have to give it up? Or stay true to the life changing freedom she has found in nudism?

This topic was edited
RE:Enter marriage/relationship with non- nudist

Love conquers all,so they say. But have you defined what a nudist is for you, and is it definitive.

I am married to a non nudist, very much textile but we work it out, I mean I live in Canada, good summer stuff and cold Falls and winter.

Love is a strong force. Trust all that is good and feels good. Be you.

This post was edited

Love conquers all,so they say. But have you defined what a nudist is for you, and is it definitive.

I am married to a non nudist, very much textile but we work it out, I mean I live in Canada, good summer stuff and cold Falls and winter.

This post was edited

This post was edited

That's a situation many of us face.

When I first met my current wife I told her all about my nudist history: having been a family nudist with my first wife and daughter, and my frequent visits to Mazo Beach. She was ok with it; but didn't want any involvement in it herself.

Had she said: "If you want us to stay together you'll have to quit nudism"...well, I probably would have said: "It was nice knowing you."

But there was enough open-mindedness on her part for me not to go my own way. I took a look of what she was bringing into my life; and decided that the benefits outweighed her non-nudism. As long as we could compromise, I was ok.

If there is a complete lack of compromise, I would begin to wonder if my partner has "control issues" that might be more pervasive than just around the topic of nudism. And then there is the question of your own personal validation as a nudist; you might be ok giving it up in the short term, but how will you feel when one year, two years, three years have passed without being able to enjoy nudism? Will you still be able to be happy in the relationship?

So my wife and I had an understanding. I would continue going to the nude beach; she would stay home when I did. I would sleep nude and not always wear clothes at home; she would sleep covered and stay covered in the house. No problem. Eventually she did start relaxing about her own nudity; and even agree to accompany me to the nude beach and nudist resort.
So there's also that: sometimes non-nudist partners get so used to your nudity that they start being more open-minded about being naked themselves. Sometimes.

This post was edited

Im married to a non-nudist. She accepts my naked time. On a few occasions shes joined me (privately). Probably wont join me in public nude settings but Hey! Ill take what I can get. Having her be comfortable in her skin around me is what I enjoy.

This post was edited

I married non-nudist twice, not a smart choice. Maybe it would work for you, but I wouldn't do it again.

This post was edited

I think to piggyback on what Nudony said in his post; we don't always become a life partner with someone that is exactly like us. We all have our differences, no two people are always alike and going to agree on everything. If you find someone you love and that person is open minded to your thoughts, beliefs, concerns, fears, opinions, philosophies... you have a good chance at a solid relationship and one that is built on respect and support for all those things you believe so strongly about. Find that person and it won't matter if they are a nudist or not.

This post was edited

I have been married to a wonderful woman for 30 years and she has known about and been totally supportive of my nudist activities the entire time. Although she won't join me outside or in public nude,
she will occasionally strip and walk around the house naked...as long as the blinds are closed...LOL.

This post was edited

I got married before I got interested in being nude.
My wife is rarely nude at home, even sleeping and never in public.
She is fine with me being nude at home whenever we have don't have company.
She knows I " sometimes" go to a nude beach, but on individual days, I just tell her I am going to the beach. She only likes to go to the beach when we are on vacation and staying close enough to walk there.
She goes back and forth on whether I can sun and swim nude when she has friends in the house if I close the back curtains.
All in all, it works for us.

This post was edited

There will probably be more than just nudism that you both will be different on. Of course they do say, opposites attract. With my wife and I that has never been a truer statement!!! She's definitely not a nudist, but has been to two nudist resorts with me and has gotten nude at both. She DEFINITELY was never in her "comfort zone " but she did enjoy her time there but at the same time was ready to put her clothes back on :-DDDDD. Love each other and accept each other and you'll be fine!

This post was edited