RE:Enter marriage/relationship with non- nudist

That's why I'm single now. Ex wanted nothing to do with nudism and didn't like the idea of me being with other nudists.

Your certified profile claims otherwise????

This post was edited

I've personally found that similarities are assets in a relationship and I find nudity to be enough of a part of who I am that I would prefer a spouse that shares the same view. I agree with Nudony here on the issue of any complete lack of compromise. I've found over the years that inflexibility like that will manifest elsewhere in the relationship and is definitely a red flag.

This post was edited

The OP doesnt mention the prospective partners attitude to naturism, my wife is a committed textile but is supportive of my naturism. She found out very early in our relationship that I was a naturist and accompanied me to a naturist beach but although she was perfectly happy to be on the beach decided stripping off wasnt for her.
Since then we have worked out a balance that has more positive than negatives from my point of view. I can be naked as much as I want around the house as long as we are on our own. A few close friends know about my naturism and if I am naked and they turn up I dont have to rush to cover up. I am free to go to beaches, swims etc and we choose reasonably naturist friendly locations for holidays. My wife will join me on naturist beaches and come along to C/O events. She is perfectly happy being among naked people at such events just doesnt want to be naked herself.
It can work, many if us make it work successfully. But you have to be open with your partner and them with you. You have to enable them to understand why it is important to you and that it is an innocent lifestyle. You have to be prepared to listen to their concerns and address them either by showing there is nothing to worry about or avoiding the area of concern.
It is like anything else in a relationship, communication and give and take.

This post was edited

Good morning,

I married my first wife before I admitted to myself that I was a true nudist. We were married quite a long time and over the years, we grew apart. She had her interests and I had mine. I am sure my love of nudity was one small factor in our decision to divorce.

I went into my second marriage and I told my new wife of my nudist lifestyle. We even went to Terra Cotta Inn in Palm Springs for our honeymoon. She tried to embrace the lifestyle but really did not take to public nudity as I have. We have since divorced.

With my experience, looking back, I should not have married a non-nudist. The lifestyle is important to me and I would not want to subject any one else to public nudity that would not embrace it. I have had girlfriends who are all for the lifestyle and it has made relationships much easier. I understand that couples do not necessarily have to have completely the same interests but I think the differences need to be compatible for the relationship to work well.

This post was edited

This is a difficult thing, I always loved nudism, but I only came out as a nudist after I got married. My wife is not a nudist but she knows that I practice nudism at home. To respect her I avoid being naked in her presence, I usually wear shorts. When I'm alone at home I'm always naked, when she arrives I wear shorts, but I don't do it right away, I confess that I like being naked in her presence, sometimes I can stay long periods naked in her presence so that she can ask me to by the clothes. In short it is possible for a nudist and a non-nudist to live well, talk to your partner and live your happy nudity.

This post was edited