Good News for Manitobans - Crocus Grove lives on at Naturist Legacy

As most are aware Crocus Grove had to leave the site they had occupied for the past 40 years when the owner suddenly changed it to textile usage only. Crocus Grove thus became homeless. Thanks to the efforts and dedication of their members they have now purchased land and re-organized into Naturist Legacy. I have added their contact information and web site to the Canadian Locations Index herehttps://www.truenudists.com/group/2245/They appear to be a very consciencious and hard working group of people and I am exceedingly happy that they have been able to regenerate themselves

This topic was edited
RE: Good News for Manitobans - Crocus Grove lives on at Naturist Legacy

Great news, Jack. Good job, to all members there.

This post was edited
ok

sounnds great

This post was edited
RE: Good News for Manitobans - Crocus Grove lives on at Naturist Legacy

Thedown sideof this new start up is that their business model might be flawed.Legacy doesnot follow the protocol of other naturist organizations anywhere in Canada and base camp policy on unfounded fears. The rules to become a memberis that everyone is expected to march down to an RCMP detachment and expresstheir wishes to be part of Naturist Legacy, submit themselves to a vulnerable sector criminal bqackground check,and then submit themselves to finger printing for reasons of beingadded to the RCMP criminal data base in perpituity. It is a civil liberties nightmare and the reasoning for this policyhas not basis in anything that can be rationalized.
This camp policyin my opinion has sealed the fate of legacy and organizednaturism in Manitoba. In 10-15 years when the current member are too golden to participate, legacy groundswill be back up for sale to the highest bidder.

This post was edited
Vulnerable Sector Checks in Canada

JimSkin,
It sounds like you are a bit confused as to how a Vulnerable Sector Check works in Canada. If a check of the Pardoned Sexual Offender Database has been requested (this is likely the case) then an initial check will be conducted based on your name and date of birth. A possible hit may be identified based on your sex and date of birth only, and if there is a "hit" in the database then you will be required to be fingerprinted for the check to be completed. In Canada the police are not notified when someone legally changes their name which is why the fingerprints are required. The prints you provide will be compared against the national CPIC registry to see if you have been convicted of any offences and will be destroyed 90 days after the check is completed. Basically, if you weren't already in the system, you are not going to be added just because you asked for a records check.

You will only be providing a single set of fingerprints so they are not retained locally and after the check is completed, your results will be retained in local files for 24 months and then destroyed. The prints you provide will be completed on a green form so they can easily be kept separate. The form itself is completely different from those used to submit criminal convictions so it is impossible for them to become confused. If you are looking for some more detailed information on Vulnerable Sector Checks I recommend you check out the RCMP website or just pop down to your local detachment for a chat.
https://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cr-cj/vulner/faq-eng.htm
I hope this helps allay some of your concerns,
Karen

This post was edited