Reading pace.

How many books do you read a year? I keep a running total book author pages and date finished. We are 8n the 38th week and I am on my 38th book. So on pace for 52 this year

This topic was edited
RE:Reading pace.

Currently I'm am reading about one or two books a month. I keep meaning to read more and spend less time online.

This post was edited

Mrs Southern will usually read one every 4 - 5 days, while I take about 10 days to two weeks to read one. We read every day though, so she may complete 75 in a year while I complete about 30. We read numerous genres, so someone seeing our reading list would have a hard time figuring out what we like best.

This post was edited

I don't really keep track, and some books take longer than others. I've read some light cozy mysteries this year that only took a couple of days to get through, and some weighty history tomes that I can manage about ten pages per day, with plenty in between.

This post was edited

My Pace has been slowed down by a couple of books for my book club that I just couldn't get into. Little Fires Everywhere and My Brilliant Friend were like reading and assigned book for a high school book report. Painful for me. I think the authors have a mental illness and passed it on to their characters!

This post was edited

I was an extremely slow reader growing up. I think I would have been diagnosed as ADHD if there was such a thing back then.
I was never patient enough.
When I did it was in spurts, only a dozen or two in my first 60 years.
My nudism curiosity had me researching kindle.
In the past 4 years I've read everything on kindle I know of with a nudist or naturist theme.
25 - 30 so far maybe more.
It still goes in spurts, usually when I find TN getting boring for lack of interesting topics.

This post was edited

Same, I read a book a week (52 a year), it's an escape of the mind

This post was edited

did you try a suspense book, thriller genre. There are lives that you take on from the front lines

This post was edited

I do!
In my past, that is the only type of book I would read.
It needs to capture my interest right out of the gate.
I've been reluctant to plow through boring chapters at the beginning of a book and just put them down and move on to something else if there wasn't enough energy or excitement.
I liked Tom Clancy's early books as I could relate well with them due to my military background.

This post was edited

Ironically, the pandemic has slowed me down. The lack of a reliable income has forced me to spend more time pursuing freelance gigs and learning new skill sets, which leaves me less time for reading. The book I am currently on, and the previous, have both been about the Java programming language, which is one of the new career skills I am working on.

This post was edited