Living in heavily urban areas

I was wondering how do nudists deal with living in heavily urbanized areas where privacy is a concern such as living in an apartment or a small house with a small yard. Places like Chicago, Manhattan, London, or other large cities where public nudity is illegal or being on your balcony or yard can get you in trouble?

This topic was edited
RE:Living in heavily urban areas

first off I live rural with no neighbor's homes even in view. Thanks to plantings and buildings I have quite a bit of outdoor privacy too. I have enjoyed my rural country life for over 30 years. But if I choose to move away from this setting , I have considered going to the other extreme and living in a heart of a city. I know I would give up the outside privacy but envision living high enough up in a high rise that my floor to ceiling windows would be just another few panes of glass in the side of a building and that anyone spotting a naked guy would just pass it off as another quirk of city living. I can't imagine living in a typical suburban development and certainly not in one with a HOA. I am afraid the people on it with too much time on their hands would not be my friends .

This post was edited

When I lived in San Francisco, I was careful to choose apartments in buildings with access to the roof. True that on higher floors - in SF, which was not then a very tall city, 3rd floor or higher, high enough that you're not seen from the street - people are pretty casual about indoor nudity; if you look across from your window and see somebody naked up in their apartment, it's just not important. You see so many windows; it's just not the same thing as seeing your next-door suburban neighbor nude.

I once got to know someone who lived in the building next door to us - after years of living adjacently in urban anonymity - and she said that she wouldn't have recognized us with clothes on.

This post was edited

I was wondering how do nudists deal with living in heavily urbanized areas where privacy is a concern
Found myself in that situation once and I dealt with it pretty quickly. I packed up and moved.

This post was edited

Being a naturist/nudist means enjoying the lifestyle where its appropriate.

Nude beaches, resorts, club or your own home.

The size and population of your city is irrelevant.

This post was edited