RE:New Airbnb policies

Normal. Thats funny. I cannot take you seriously in the least. Your old normal is dead.

This post was edited
RE:New Airbnb policies update

I have since hosted a few people and we have agreed before hand that we were all comfortable without masks. We are informed adults and made the decision on our. airbnb and the governors never need know.

This post was edited

In this post I got couchsurfing confused with airbnb but don't want to delete it since it's now part of the thread. My mistake.
Is Airbnb still around? I was signed up as a host but couldn't get on their website without paying a fee, so I unsubscribed. The economics of me paying a service in order something for free doesn't work for me.

This post was edited

Is Airbnb still around? I was signed up as a host but couldn't get on their website without paying a fee, so I unsubscribed. The economics of me paying a service in order something for free doesn't work for me.

i joined years ago and am still an active host I had a request just today. but could not honor it due to other commitments
they get a small cut of each booking i get less than a dollar

This post was edited

There's no question that masks providesome protection to others; we don't have to get into the politics of just how much to acknowledge that. The AirBnB rule really just provides a default expectation. Indeed, we are all adults and can make our own decisions, and if TWO adults agree together not to wear masks, so be it; AirBnB will never know. But if one of those adults - either host or guest - has felt pressured to sacrifice that bit of extra safety, that's a problem, which AirBnB's rule helps to prevent.

This post was edited

Ok men,
Personal choices are certainly yours but I do adhere to Airbnb protocol regarding mask wearing.
Perhaps I picked up Covid while cleaning after guests checked out, perhaps anywhere else in my daily routine.
The point is, Airbnb is covering its ass regarding liability and I cheer them on for trying in some small token to
prevent Covid spread.
Covid is real, it put me down for two weeks and my account with Airbnb was suspended for
two additional weeks beyond that. The protocol as I read it is for check in and anytime you are in the guests space,
so unless you hang out with your guests that not much to ask in my opinion.
Tom

This post was edited

Quite right. The 'freedom' lobby seems to think that this includes the freedom to kill others with their germs. This seems just a little unfair.

This post was edited

You have stated reality, thank you! This whole concept of "freedoms" being taken away or feeling restricted reveals who are the whiney little bitches. The store sign say mask required, no mask , no service ..deal with it! Shop elsewhere ~~
The Airbnb regulation not only covers my nose and mouth, I've covered my ass. It's a very minor inconvenience to mask up while checking in guests. To the men on here who whine about their freedoms being taken away, I'm glad you were not alive during WWII, we'd be speaking German now because you can't make sacrifices for the better.

News Flash:
You are not entitled to anything, earn it

This post was edited

This whole concept of "freedoms" being taken away or feeling restricted reveals who are the whiney little bitches. The store sign say mask required, no mask , no service ..deal with it! Shop elsewhere ~~
The Airbnb regulation not only covers my nose and mouth, I've covered my ass. It's a very minor inconvenience to mask up while checking in guests. To the men on here who whine about their freedoms being taken away, I'm glad you were not alive during WWII, we'd be speaking German now because you can't make sacrifices for the better.

News Flash:
You are not entitled to anything, earn it

This post was edited

I totally agree , I live in the UK where , Cities like London , Coventry and Glasgow were heavily bombed I don't think people back then complained that they had to put their lights out and hang blackout curtains to avoid being bombed because it was an infringement of their human rights , what these anti vaxers and anti maskers need to do is " Get a life " if wearing a mask is your biggest worry at the moment when Millions have died and millions more have lost their jobs, then all I can say is lucky you

This post was edited