Having A Best Friend

There were two friends were walking through the desert. During some point of the journey they had an argument, and one friend slapped the other one in the face.

The one who got slapped was hurt, but without saying anything, wrote in the sand:
Today my best friend slapped me in the face.

They kept on walking until they found an oasis, where they decided to take a bath. The one who had been slapped got stuck in the mire and started drowning, but the friend saved him. After he recovered from the near drowning, he wrote on a stone:
Today my best friend saved my life.

The friend who had slapped and saved his best friend asked him;
After I hurt you, you wrote in the sand and now, you write on a stone, why?

The other friend replied;
When someone hurts us we should write it down in sand where winds of forgiveness can erase it away. But, when someone does something good for us, we must engrave it in stone where no wind can ever erase it.

Moral of the story:
Don't value the things you have in your life. But value who you have in your life.

Check this Yt videos channel for Design Ideas:
https://www.youtube.com/c/DesignSKStudio?sub_confirmation=1

This topic was edited
RE:Having A Best Friend

Love this story! Thank you! Stay naked and safe! Joey

This post was edited

Very good!
The good things people do for me are engraved in stone. Unfortunately, I don't forgive like the wind blows the writing in the sand...

This post was edited
RE: Having A Best Friend

Great story and words of wisdom to live by... Don't value the things you have in your life. But value who you have in your life.

This post was edited

The good things people do for me are engraved in stone. Unfortunately, I don't forgive like the wind blows the writing in the sand...
I agree. It's all in measure. I believe that people are inherently good, but that belief has been challenged to the nth degree multiple times. The question becomes does one good dead write off a history of bad ones based on the magnitude of each? I think it's a personal decision. Given the story of saving a life, it's an extreme example which almost guarantees a uniform response. But, if applied to everyday life, would it be so clear?

This post was edited

This is incredibly true, and our society needs to consider the message. Earlier this year my wife's life was stolen by cancer, we had been married for 34 years, she was my girlfriend for a couple before that. I valued her but don't have her at my side now. We have material possessions but they don't make me smile or laugh, I don't hug them or hold their hand, I don't love them.

This post was edited

My best friend is my wife. Di and I are the best of friends, there is no one that is a closer friend to us than we are to each other. A best friend will not purposely hurt you. They will not be great friends one day and not there for you the next. Di and I are there for each other everyday. Have we gotten angry at one another, sure, but never to the point of striking one another and we promised each other not to stay angry but to talk it out and not go to bed angry.

We have good friends. Some of them say we are their best friends, but they usually do something that erases that distinction of "best friend." They are friends but they are not our best friends, even though we've been friends for over 40 years.

I loved the story but I doubt any of our friends would do what the one friend did for us... but Di and I will do it for each other. I can't imagine losing my best friend.

This post was edited

Such a powerful story. It's good to keep thoughts like this in our mind to remind us to let go of things that can rot away the good things in our lives.

This post was edited