RE: My visit to the doctor's office.

My doctors do know I'm a nudist. The x-ray techs appreciate me not wearing the gowns to do what they need to do for my mammograms.
My dermatologist didn't have to ask me to disrobe. She did a full body visual scan and took care of some pre-cancerous spots and said to make an appointment in a year.

This post was edited

My last dot physical went pretty well when I told the Dr. that I was a nudist and would it be possible to dispense with the paper gown. He told me what ever floats your boat. He was an East Indian so I don't think he was stunned by my request.

This post was edited

Considering the fact that we are a minority of the population, gowns and such would seem to accommodate the other part of the population. I've never met a doc let alone a nurse that ever had an issue with nudity.

This post was edited

My dilemma is how do I explain to my Dr. that Id rather be nude during the exam than wear that gown? Ive never been married and I dont want him to get any wrong ideas about why I dont want to wear it because many years ago when I first started seeing a Dr. the first one I saw appeared to be more interested in whether or not I was homosexual (Im not) than why I was there for the appointment. After that I made it a point not to see him again. And usually when I try to explain things to people I sometimes leave them confused and wondering WTH. I cant tell him its because Im a nudist because Im only naked inside my apt. and here in Nebraska theres nowhere to go among other things so basically Im not. The worst thing that can happen is that he could ask me to start seeing another Dr. And dont Dr.s usually share info. with other Dr.s about their former patients?
Any suggestions? Any doctors here who would like to chime in with some advice?

This post was edited

I once went to a doctor to have some warts removed and he instructed me to undress completely. He told the trainee that was with him that he always did a complete visual exam of all his patients to make sure that there were no growths on other areas of the body

I also once had a physical exam by a doctor that repaired my gown in the middle of the examination. It was a paper gown and one of the shoulder sections had become torn exposing part of my chest. She opened up a drawer, took out some scotch tape, and proceeded to tape the two sections of the gown together

I also had an exam where the doctor was doing the "bumping & thumping" thing on my back and chest trying to listen with his stethoscope while I still had my shirt on. Finally in disgust I said "Wouldnt it be easier to do if I did not have my shirt on?" When he replied "Yes" I removed my shirt.

I would much prefer to be completely nude during an exam than having to wear a stupid Johnny during an exam. I think a doctor should know what a nude human being looks like

This post was edited

I've never had a Dr. that demonstrated anything except professionalism while performing any type of exam, whether I was clothed or nude. I did have one get a little red faced after a prostate exam, when he told me to get dressed and I asked if I could have something to clean up the lube with first. LOL

This post was edited

Having worked in a hospital setting there is a high level of professionalism that each staff member must maintain in order to effectivley complete their part in the healthcare system. Working in X-Ray you meet all sorts of people with a wide range of beliefs and you must respect them and be non-judgemental. Wether that be offering a gown to a man for a chest X-Ray, giving calm words to a patient while inserting an emena tip, or leaving the room for a patient to get changed even when the gown offers little privacy during the exam. At the end of the day it's just another human being who wishes to be respected regardless of their wishes so communication is key. Then there is the legal side of the issue... I personally always assume they are just as comfortable infront of me as they would be infront of a complete stranger so privacy is a must it's in our medical code of ethics! That's my small piece for today

This post was edited

Last visit to my doc, she just lectured me about how tanned I was and how it isnt good for me.....and i laughed out loud!
She did mention the lack of tan lines, so I'm sure she figured out I was a nudist. She never asked, and I didnt tell

This post was edited

Last visit to my doc, she just lectured me about how tanned I was and how it isnt good for me.....and i laughed out loud!She did mention the lack of tan lines, so I'm sure she figured out I was a nudist. She never asked, and I didnt tell
Along that line, last summer I had my first colonoscopy, and as the anesthesia was starting to work, the nurse rolled me over a bit and raised the gown, then made a comment about the great tan on my behind.
Gator1

This post was edited

Yesterday I had to go in to the doctor to get a cyst drained on my buttocks. Of course that requitrd me to be nude. They said I could keep my shirt on if I wanted but I figured why bother since I was a guy. I could see a woman possibly choosing to keepher shirt on unless it was necessary for the examination to remove it but why bother for a guy. ay least that is how I feel.
They gave me a gown and left while I undressed. It was a male doctor and a female nurse. They started out working on my rear end with me laying on my side but soon decided it would be easier if I was lying on my stomach and asked if I minded which I did not mind. I turned on my stomach and soon discovered that the way the gown was around my arm was uncomfortable so I simply removed it since it wasn't hiding anything anyway and layed there facedown on the table nude on top of the gown for the rest of the time they were workung on me. When they were done the nurse left the room and I turned over and sat up still nude without the gown. The doctor finished talking to me about what had been done and then left the room for me to get dressedwithout seeming to mind or careabout me being nude.
The nudity did not bother me but I did have a small erection while laying facedown on the table which was embassing. I do not know if the doctor or nurse noticed or not. Fortunately it had gone away before I turned over but I was now wet from precum. If the doctor noticed he did not say anything. I guess they are used to seeing it
I had another visit a couple years ago where they had to examine my privates. I didn't have an erection while it was happening but i had had one just before thedoctor came back in the room and was unfortunately still wet with precum and there was nothibg I could do. That time with him examing my privates he had to have noticed but also did not comment. I do not care about being naked but being seen with an erection or covered in precum is embarrassing.

This post was edited