Very disappointed and disgusted with The Naturist Society Foundation

It is with a very sad heart that I have to let everyone know - WE are no longer supporters of TNSF. This past issue of the magazine summer/fall 2020 has pushed us over the edge. Pages 14 and 15 feature an article where the author Compares the nudist lifestyle fight for our right to those of the militant BLACK LIVES MATTERS struggle. I can't wrap my mind around the reason they decided to make nudism a political issue. We have written for the magazine and preached to 100's and 100's of people about the need to be involved and support a national organization that is fighting for nudist rights! The very last lines in the article should have EVERY member upset and demanding answers to why this article was published in the first place!!

The author (and thus the organization that was willing to publish the article) states ... "It is time for us naturist to march in solidarity. NOT to protest for nudist rights, BUT because Black Lives Matter"....

This is a nudist magazine and supposedly an organization who mission statement and vision are geared towards NUDIST - not a political arm for any other organization that has nothing to do with nudism or naturism...

We have pulled our month giving - and will sadly let our membership expire when the next renewal is due. THEY (TNSF) must hear our voices and feel the pain of support withdrawn. I wrote the entire board and the editor a letter approx. 2 weeks ago - NO explanation ever given - not even concerned about losing members and funds!!

MAKE your voice and wallet heard.... membership@naturistsociety.com and the editor nickyh@naturistsociety.com

NUDIST LIVES MATTER - - any color and every person!!!

This topic was edited
RE:Very disappointed and disgusted with The Naturist Society Foundation

NUDIST LIVES MATTER - - any color and every person!!!
I agree that EVEN Black nudist lives matter. If TNSF came out supporting Fat Lives Matter for body positivity would you be as offended? I don't agree the "militant" label, other than recognizing a militant systemic racism against Black people, which I as a white suburban dude have benefitted from in ignorant bliss. This needs to change for the better.

US nudism is dying in part by its practioners' refusal to reflect the changing demographics and values of society. Your comments and reaction are part of the problem, not the solution. I've been to resorts where most of the population is white and 70+ in age showing little interest in or interaction with visitors other than a stranger danger cold shoulder. In a few years, most of those member will have moved to Florida or died off and you have an unsustainable outdated piece of real estate for sale.

This post was edited

Guess we will just have to agree to disagree... nudism is the most accepting of all various activities and welcomes people for their willingness to be open and naked. CULTURE and nudity play a major role in those even willing to give nudism a go. It is dying off due to the TABOO that most nudist feel about even sharing they participate in nudism/naturism. GUESS you missed the point that - a Nudist organization should not become a pollical organization - and accept all people... NUDISM accepts all body types. FAT (as you put it) or any other body type too. COLOR / GENDER / SEXUAL orientation... I'm sorry you have felt rejection upon visiting a nudist resort - - it probably hurt deeply after putting it all out there on the line... would love to discuss all of the circumstances that played a role in your experience...

Mostly fight for nudist rights - -

This post was edited

AMEN and well said...

The world / organizations love to pit one group or class or whatever against each other. POLITICS and RELIGION should NEVER EVER be topics. Probably the two biggest dividers EVER! Lady Gaga said it best - BABY you were born this (WHATEVER WAY) way - so accept it - don't judge - don't let them divide and conquer and ruin NATURISM / Nudism - - cause they will if we let them!

This post was edited

Black Lives Matter is not "politics" it's a social movement which you may or not agree with. Comments have been made in this thread about no politics or religion but I see several groups here and sigs at TNS which are specific re religion. There should be room, a big tent. I appreciate what TNS has accomplished to support legal challenges against simple nudity and decided that it's in my best interest to support that effort.

This post was edited

I'm sorry you have felt rejection upon visiting a nudist resort - - it probably hurt deeply after putting it all out there on the line... would love to discuss all of the circumstances that played a role in your experience...
Thanks for your empathy about my experience at/with nudist resorts. It's limited for three reasons: 1) I am physically more active than what the facilties tend to accomodate 2) upon visting or calling they were discriminatory - both management and other visitors - to me as a single male and parent and 3) other than enjoying the freedom of nudity, we seem to have little in common.
Does it feel hurtful to be considered "less than" because I have a penis without a female chaperone, particularly when I strive hard to be a good father? Yes. But I'm grateful how it opened my eyes to discrimination. It helped me realize that the same policies of exclusion can be extended on a large scale against people of color. I support BLM because they are raising the awareness of that to people like me who live in a bubble and wouldn't see it otherwise. Do I always agree with all the rhetoric and posturing? No, but I'm an equal opportunity curmudgeon, yet still sorry they have felt rejection upon visiting public and private spaces, and in the process became not only disrespected, but even wounded and killed in the process, like our own private war zone.
My hope is that "elder" white guys like us can extend our empathy to our black brothers and sisters who matter too. I don't see BLM as a political thing, though people can use racism to frame it as such. It's about human rights and respect and such matters always have an emotional component. For me, fhs emotion that's bubbled up is the anger that I was fooled into and blinded by systemic racism and discrimation in the first place. By affirming BLM my value isn't diminished, but I become more human and enhanced, which is best accomplished naked, wouldn't you agree?

This post was edited

Wow - 3 great reasons... Lake Como in FL - were we go - it completely the opposite of what you describe. 1. Very active - tennis, water volleyball, pickleball, golf, running trails 2, Single men welcome - the single men (not you) have brought the extra attention on themselves. I have no problem with anyone (TRANS, straight, LBGTQ) - naked freedom is naked freedom. 3. ALL are welcome - should be welcomed - are welcomed.

We are never going to agree on BLM / Proud Boys / whatever political organization we can think of... funny we never heard a word about BLM until recently. And the politics of the black culture and the forces they have chosen to align with are of their own choosing. WHEN asked race - I always answer "HUMAN" - - another example WHY doesn't BLM riot outside abortion clinics - where a significantly higher percentage of black baby meet their final fate?? Maybe baby black don't matter... or why not riot and protest ALL professional sports - which is just a new version of WHITE OWNERS / and black laborers??

But I will not get into the political weeds... but a final thought on your recent enlightenment - what are you going to do to help black lives - sell all you have and give it to someone of color - move into a section 8 housing and give up your entitled home ownership white privilege? YES their are bad cops / yes wrongs have been committed in the past - - yes certain political parties play on that... I'm sure you are informed about the Southern Democrats and their past on issues of color...

EVERY LIFE MATTERS / NONE MORE THAN OTHERS... human rights/life matter / don't let them divide us any longer!

The one thing we can all do is - BE NAKED and every outfit is PERFECT!

This post was edited

I support your right to do so - - they have at least 4 Monthly Support donor spots open at this point ($50 to $100 / month) please send them your name and credit card info - - tell them you are taking my spot... I completely agree the tent should be big and all accepting / / / but most of all your MISSION STATEMENT and topics allow in your magazine FOCUS on nudism - not politics or race relations... Glad to know someone has filled my financial support spot - and I can rest easy knowing they will not go under...

This post was edited

I find it fascinating for people to say that "religion and politics" should not enter into the nudist society but when a person of color goes to a landed nudist club and sees huge banners supporting Trump at campsites, it's difficult to imagine they feel welcome. Are the anti-BLM people asking for the Trump banners to be taken down? What about clubs that have religious chapels? Should they be taken down?
How many people of color have you seen at your club? How many are permanent members? It's so easy for a person with white privilege, be unaware and wishing to stay unaware of what Black people in our society go through.

This post was edited

I find it fascinating for people to say that "religion and politics" should not enter into the nudist society but when a person of color goes to a landed nudist club and sees huge banners supporting Trump at campsites, it's difficult to imagine they feel welcome.

Why is that difficult to imagine? - Trump, the "most racist president ever", instituted policies that truly, finally, HELPED the black community, as opposed to the LBJ Democrat mentality of keeping them psychologically in slavery to the government teat. Apparently the black community is waking up to that, as Trump GAINED black votes in this election.

This post was edited

I just e-mailed them in agreement with their support of Black Lives Matter and desire to be allies to the black community. Thank you for providing me their e-mail address. I am sure they don't need bigots amongst their members. Sometimes things work out in the end.

This post was edited