RE:When does "flashing" become a first step towards nudism/naturism and at what point does it remain as exhibitionism?

Woodsman please re-read what I typed.

This post was edited
RE:When does "flashing" become a first step towards nudism/naturism and at what point does it remain as exhibitionism?

Roadtravelled wrote:While both types of individuals are nude, their motivations are different. Being comfortable with your nudity is not the same, as needing to expose yourself for sexual thrills or gratification. While I don't have a problem with someone seeing me nude, I don't have a need to be seen nude.

Well said. That's a critical distinction.

This post was edited

StevieLorna wrote:Woodsman please re-read what I typed.

I have done so. As usual, I think we're not so far apart in our thinking. My point is that I don't have any problem with a person getting a thrill out of either seeing other naked people or being seen naked by other people, as long as they don't make an issue of it or change their behavior towards me because of it. I don't care what goes on inside their heads, nor do I feel a need to police it.

I remember sharing a hot tub many years ago with some Scandinavian women who were touring the US as part of an athletic program. I couldn't help but admire their perfectly shaped and toned bodies, and found myself fantasizing about getting to know them in a more "Biblical" way. Was that voyeurism? By one definition, it was. But my behavior toward them was utterly correct; we talked about their sport, and how the tour was going, and what the differences were between the way it was practiced here versus in Europe. And did they enjoy displaying their bodies to the rest of us? It's possible. But they were never more than friendly in their deportment; if they got any thrill from it, they kept it to themselves.

And that's the way it should be. None of us are perfect. As long as we are sexual animals, we will find eroticism in many places in our social lives. If a "perfect nudist" is one who never, never displays the slightest tendency toward voyeurism or exhibitionism, and purges every vestige of those "perversions" from their minds, then I don't want to be a "perfect nudist." But I try to be a perfect gentleman.

This post was edited