RE:When does "flashing" become a first step towards nudism/naturism and at what point does it remain as exhibitionism?

Never!! Flashing is never the first step towards nudism/ naturism!!

This post was edited
RE:When does "flashing" become a first step towards nudism/naturism and at what point does it remain as exhibitionism?

No way is flashing an entry into nudism/naturism. It is exhibitionism with the aim to get a sexual kick out of shocking/upsetting others.
If that is what the OP genuinely thinks then he has a warped sense of what naturism is all about.

This post was edited

I'm not so sure there is never a crossover. I could see someone trying flashing in the exuberance of youth only to go on to and settle into nudism or even naturism as they mature.

This post was edited

I agree, flashing has no relativity with nudism in any form and is a whole different thrill altogether. I do disagree with the statement of there being no thrill in nudism or naturalism. I myself get thrilled at being naked with others but do not get an erection, it is just not that kind of thrill. Where I live it is hard to gather with others in the nude in a public setting. That may be why I get excited and it may be the same for others that share my dilemma. Not to say I have not attended nude venues, I have, but it just remains exciting to be nude at all for me So if you get excited at being nude around others and your not humping legs like a puppy, get out there and do it more.

This post was edited

barein10tions wrote:
I do disagree with the statement of there being no thrill in nudism or naturalism. I myself get thrilled at being naked with others but do not get an erection, it is just not that kind of thrill.

I can relate to that. I get thrilled about a lot of things that have nothing to do with sex ... a roller-coaster ride, a sunset, a symphony playing classical music (particularly if I'm in the auditorium), singing with other people, and so on. It would be a sad world indeed if the only thrills were sexual ones.

But I don't think that equates to the thrill a person might have when he's flashing. That's either a sexual thrill or a hyper-egotistic thrill, particularly since it's the shock value of discomfiting other people that is the core of that activity.

This post was edited

When leaving Sunnyside CO breach on Monday, I passed a woman sitting in a rock fully clothed in a sundress and a hat. She was on the CO side of the sign by about 10m. Unlike most other visitors who dress before leaving I like to savour those last few minutes by staying nude to the sign and even beyond if 'safe' to do so and certainty did this time. We also said 'Hi' to each other.

Part of that was me being determined to be a confident and friendly nudist but there was a little feeling of exhibitionism in walking past her even if she had tacitly invited it by sitting inside the zone. (She may have chosen that position just for the location; who's to know? If she was there for voyeurism, I was happy to provide the opportunity.) It wasn't flashing, since I in no way surprised her, but to me the situation was not totally off that spectrum.

This post was edited

SunnysideSteve wrote:If she was there for voyeurism, I was happy to provide the opportunity.) It wasn't flashing, since I in no way surprised her, but to me the situation was not totally off that spectrum.

That wasn't flashing. If it was totally consensual with the viewer, then it was exhibitionism, in my book. I'm sure that there are a lot of exhibitionists in our group, enjoying being viewed while nude. If they're not making a big thing of it and disturbing other people, what's the harm? As I've said elsewhere, I'm not going to go around policing what's in other people's heads.

This post was edited

If you have a problem distinguishing exhibitionism from naturism then you are an exhibitionist not a naturist. Its that simple.

This post was edited

StevieLorna wrote:
If you have a problem distinguishing exhibitionism from naturism then you are an exhibitionist not a naturist. Its that simple.

I don't think the two are mutually exclusive, as long as the people involved all understand what's going on and approve of it.

I enjoy playing music. I enjoy doing it in front of other people, and letting them enjoy it, too. I don't mind when people are looking at me, studying my hands on a fretboard or keyboard to see what I'm doing. That's not my intent when I'm playing, but if it heightens their own appreciation for the music, I approve.

Similarly, if a person tells me that he or she gets a sexual thrill from showing their bodies to me, but isn't coming on to me or making me uncomfortable, I see no harm in it.

This post was edited

StevieLorna wrote:If you have a problem distinguishing exhibitionism from naturism then you are an exhibitionist not a naturist. Its that simple.I don't think the two are mutually exclusive, as long as the people involved all understand what's going on and approve of it.I enjoy playing music. I enjoy doing it in front of other people, and letting them enjoy it, too. I don't mind when people are looking at me, studying my hands on a fretboard or keyboard to see what I'm doing. That's not my intent when I'm playing, but if it heightens their own appreciation for the music, I approve.Similarly, if a person tells me that he or she gets a sexual thrill from showing their bodies to me, but isn't coming on to me or making me uncomfortable, I see no harm in it.
While both types of individuals are nude, their motivations are different. Being comfortable with your nudity is not the same, as needing to expose yourself for sexual thrills or gratification. While I don't have a problem with someone seeing me nude, I don't have a need to be seen nude.

This post was edited