Ages to get started

I have a hard time geeting into this. I still can't quite express my thoughts into words. Also, I am writing in english so that more people are able to read it. Anyway, I wrote about the same topic in my Blog (Both German and English).

Since I moved close to the coast I have a great opportunity to go to a nudist beach. But I don't really know how t do it, because I am still a bit uncomfortable around others. I could go alone. However, I feel like that would not be much of a fun experience - but I could chill for an hour.
That's why I thought about exploring with someone my age or let me teach by someone older. Maybe it's because I am too self-concious that I am more uncomfortable around men.
Please tell me I am not the only one who feels like that. I can't even explain to myself.

That is it for my venting. Stay save everyone!

This topic was edited
RE:Ages to get started

Most of us have a first time. Is it mandatory nude or clothing optional? When I went for the first time (on a reasonably busy day - no problems on deserted beaches!), I walked the length of the CO beach in my swimsuit before claiming a space with my towel, removing my suit and going directly into the water.

By the time I wanted to leave the water I had no choice but to walk out. I then walked a little to dry off before returning to my spot. That's all it took.

I am happy with my own company and was content to do it on my own. Perhaps an hour may be enough for a first visit with the option to stay longer if you feel comfortable. I'm sure you will.

This post was edited

Most of us have a first time. Is it mandatory nude or clothing optional? When I went for the first time (on a reasonably busy day - no problems on deserted beaches!), I walked the length of the CO beach in my swimsuit before claiming a space with my towel, removing my suit and going directly into the water.By the time I wanted to leave the water I had no choice but to walk out. I then walked a little to dry off before returning to my spot. That's all it took.I am happy with my own company and was content to do it on my own. Perhaps an hour may be enough for a first visit with the option to stay longer if you feel comfortable. I'm sure you will.
My first time to a CO beach was similar. I had skinny dipped with male friends in the pool one of them had, but this was different because it was people I didn't know and a few of them were women. After going once, it was much easier the second and subsequent times.

This post was edited

My first time was on Brighton nude beach. It was a hot day and the beach was crowded with nudes. I felt conspicuous as I could here a murmur about this clothed intruder. I very quickly stripped off and immediately felt comfortable. I was now one of the crowd. It was a memorable day.

On subsequent visits to nude and CO beaches I only felt comfortable once I had stripped off and had got into uniform. These days I'm likely to be the first to strip. It's surprising how often people are reluctant to be the first to get naked. Once the ice is broken they all follow suit.

This post was edited

My first time was on Brighton nude beach. It was a hot day and the beach was crowded with nudes. I felt conspicuous as I could here a murmur about this clothed intruder. I very quickly stripped off and immediately felt comfortable. I was now one of the crowd. It was a memorable day.On subsequent visits to nude and CO beaches I only felt comfortable once I had stripped off and had got into uniform. These days I'm likely to be the first to strip. It's surprising how often people are reluctant to be the first to get naked. Once the ice is broken they all follow suit.

When I go to the nude beach, I strip as soon as I find a place and put down my stuff. Some stop and strip as soon as they pass the clothing required sign, but I don't see the need to do that for just a few more minutes nude. I only wear one item, gym shorts or a swimsuit. Surprising how many men wear shorts, shirt and underwear. Why wear more than the minimum if you're going to take everything off?

This post was edited

Hi Fabio, difficult one but I will try. As nudists we behave the same way as if we were wearing swimming trunks. The beach is a bit about seeing and being seen. That is nudism from the German point of view and probably also from the point of view of other countries. However, FKK is naturism. In naturism, the very thought of sexual is not allowed. Exhibitionism and voyeurism are not allowed either. One looks the others only in the face and if somewhere else then only by chance. Now you want to do exhibitionism. Yes, there is actually this grouping in the nudism movement in Germany. Anita and Wolfgang Gramer have written a book about it, they call exhibitionism nude activism. There are naked walks through forests with clothed walkers and there is the World Naked bike ride that we all know about. I personally am not a friend of this movement. I think the best way to learn naturism is in a FKK colony where you slowly get used to the social (and natural) nudity as the others have described. If you do want to get into nude activism, then nude hiking is a good start (www.nacktwandern.de). If you are interested in exhibitionism for arousal, then may be a swinger club is a better place. (see www.trueswingers.com)

This post was edited