Answering the Door

I was surprised to find that a search in this group didn't seem to have this topic in discussions - so I am starting it with some events from this week.

On Wednesday one of my wife' friends from a charity group that she joined came round with some money to be banked to the charity account at the time the postman usually calls. As my wife was out of earshot of the doorbell and the postman has seen me naked several times I went to answer the door grabbing the small kitchen towel to conceal my groin just in case. Imagine my surprise when I saw who it was - so I stayed concealed behind the door while I received the envelope.

Then today another of my wife's friends called to see her, coming to the back door as usual while I was in the all-glass front porch fixing a Christmas star decoration to the inside or the glass with my back to the drive. As she left my wife called out who had called and I turned to look when she waved a greeting. When I spoke to my wife she told me that her friend had seen me naked on her way in.

A short time afterwards a courier called at the front door and I was the only person available to answer it so that makes three answering the door nude occasions in a week.

This topic was edited
RE:Answering the Door

We have a sign on our 500 foot long driveway at the end of a dead end road, that says "Clothing optional. You may see nudity" with our phone number at the bottom. Anyone reaching our door has had to pass this sign, and if they need us dressed, they can call ahead. In 15 or so years of having the sign, only one person has called and asked us to dress.

Consequently, if someone knocks, I answer the door naked. No one has seemed offended yet.

This post was edited

I usually put on shorts to answer the door, but have done it in a towel if that was handier.
Never completely nude, unless I am sure that it is my wife and she needs me to open the door for her

This post was edited

The closest I've come so far is answering the door in my quick-release kilt, but I put it on in the hall so they probably saw through the frosted glass

This post was edited

I have a warning sign by the door, so they'll expect it. No problems so far.

This post was edited

If I know the person and s/he knows about my nudity I open the door naked but other times I have been seen naked as the door has clear glass and one young girl had a good look while I was putting my shorts on, when I could just have opened the door naked.

This post was edited

Normally have a pair of gym shorts handy in case I need to answer the door. There has been just one occasion when I have answered the door naked. I was expecting a delivery, pre Covid when delivery drivers didnt have to just leave it on the doorstep, and couldnt afford to miss it. But when the doorbell rang I couldnt immediately see my shorts so answered the door naked. Driver didnt bat an eyelid.
Once I had closed the door and turned round my shorts were there in full view, still dont know why I hadnt seen them.

This post was edited

Never have answer naked. Usually put on shorts but sometimes just wrap a towel around my waist if it is more convenient.

This post was edited

If I'm expecting a nudist visitor I welcome them naked. I keep a robe handy for other's calling at the door. But they catch me naked if they come into my garden on a warm sunny day.

This post was edited

I have a kilt with velcro. It is easy and quick to put on.

This post was edited

I was in the bungalow front bedroom about to put a warm track suit on when the DPD van arrived so, although I received the parcel clothed for the photograph, I'm sure the lady doing the delivery had a full view of my naked body through the window. I got a nice smile when I opened the door.
The bedroom window is on the right in the picture below and my track suit was on the floor immediately below the window.

This post was edited