RE: When is a hug acceptable?

I tend to be biased towards hugs, like many in this thread. I agree with the previous suggestion that hugs that are appropriate when clothed are also appropriate when naked. I think appropriateness has more to do with the mind-set of the recipient than anything else.

This post was edited
RE: This seems logical

That's a wonderful photo and so true. The brown tabby looks very much like my 2yr. old middle child.

This post was edited

Some people do like physical contact there nothing wrong with asking can i hug you

This post was edited

Some people do like physical contact there nothing wrong with asking can i hug you

This post was edited

The typical nudist hug is pretty non-committal anyway: the upper body leans forward as to only allow the upper torso and shoulder to come into contact. There's actually relatively little physical contact. I've never requested more than that from people I just met, understanding that everyone has different boundaries.

• I often found that as I got to know people and see them repeatedly at various nudist venues, our hugs just naturally got closer. There's no longer that "safe lean forward"; but a closer proximity of the entire body. Admittedly, the first couple of times I felt another woman's breasts brushing against my chest; it felt a bitodd! But then, like everything else, it just becomes normal and natural; and you no longer see it as "a woman's breasts against your chest", but as normal skin contact.
  • As far as full-body hugs: they arethe most committed hugs since they involve pressing the two bodies against each other. My ex, who was/is a touchy-feely gal whether nude or dressed, gave them to all our nudist friends and acquaintances. I didn't mind; as she was herself very comfortable with the physical contact. To me full-body hugs were reserved for people with whom I had an "affectionate friendship"; a small handful of nudist friends. On occasion, it was random; for example, one lady at a nudist get-together requested a full hug after spending the day with her. I didn't have a problem obliging; even though we'd just met.
  • I think it's ultimately about your comfort level, and whether it matches the other person's. My ex had no reservations about full-body hugging everyone; I did. But I had no problem with it when it happened. You just accept it as being "just skin."

This post was edited

Here's an example of how a "nudist hug" happens with us. When we meet someone new, it's a handshake, woman, man ... no difference. Say we spend the day together and enjoy each others company and maybe exchange phone numbers and email to remain in contact ... we part with ... a handshake. If we spend a couple days with someone, at the club/resort, off and on ... when we part ... we let them make the first move, especially the woman. If we spend a weekend or longer with a couple we've just met, gone out to dinner, spend lunch time together, doing lots of talking and sharing information about one another ... those types of meetings, situations and partings ... almost always end in a hug, naked and/or clothed. We have a circle of nudist friends and when we pick each other up from the airport ... there's a hug. When we arrive at our destination and we are naked ... EVERYTIME ... we will then say ... "now lets give each other that "proper" hug!" Our close circle of nudist friends don't get the hug where we touch as little as possible. We get up close and hug each other like loving friends do ... we don't worry about what body parts touch ... but it would matter for people we've just met or aren't truly close friends with. : )

This post was edited

Just common sense! We are no robots ;-) A hug is just an expression of and to someone you like.

This post was edited

A hug acceptable whenever u wanna give love or get love.Nothin to be getting al nervous about is just a hug.Agreed :-)

This post was edited

Too damned hot to hug. Get your sweaty body away from me.

This post was edited

There's really no right or wrong answer to this question. You have to evaluate the situation on a case by case basis. If the feeling is right ... hug away, if you feel some hesitation on the part of the person you're about to hug ... hold back. It's truly up to you and how you feel and the person that's about to get the hug.

This post was edited