When is a hug acceptable?

Let me first start off with saying that I have always been a very affectionate kind of guy. I have always been a hugger. If I see someone I havent seen for a while I want a hug I am straight and secure enough with myself that I dont have a problem hugging men or women. This is not a sexual thing for me at all it is simply like a hand shake for me. I have been an at home nudist for over 10 years now and recently started to explore the outdoor world of being a nudist and went to my first beach. I went alone and found a nice quiet spot to relax and I really enjoyed myself and it was extremely freeing. Over the last couple times I went there I started to talk to other people and started making friends. The last time I went I saw one of my friends there again and he immediately came up and hugged me and said hello which in itself did not bother me. The part that I am questioning is what is the correct etiquette for hugging other nudists, male or female? I ask this because when he hugged me certain parts had touched that I can only imagine would make some people uncomfortable. My friend is also straight so it didnt really bother me too much because I know there was nothing sexual about it. but I would like to avoid making someone else feel uncomfortable if I hugged them. Up until this point I had just assumed that it would not be appropriate as some people might get uncomfortable but I thought I would bring it to the forum to see if you guys can straighten out the new guy because the last thing I would ever want to do is make someone feel uncomfortable. Thank you all in advance for any advice or input that you might be able to provide./font/font

This topic was edited
RE: When is a hug acceptable?

I've always loved Judith Martin (Miss Manners) definition of nudsim, as I remember it: "A social convention by which people act, naked, as if they were clothed." By that rule, if you hug clothed, you can hug naked. Your body langauge and comfort with the gesture will, one hopes, reassure the hug-ee. Thanks for your courage in this. I know I'm much less physical naked than clothed, out of fear of giving offense, and I've mused on that - it's a failing, I think.

This post was edited

As a pagan, I would have to say anytime is ok to hug. And a proper hug provides body contact from knees to shoulders. It is a gift of your energy and a sharing of energy with the person you are hugging. All guests at my house are greeted with a hug as are all of my friends regardless of location.

This post was edited

A lot of my friends and I hug each other all the time. It is a lot more friendlier than a handshake that everyone gets.

This post was edited
Hugs

A hug is a hug.If things touch then so be it. Naturism is not sexual so enjoy it.
I would be totally hugging either a woman or a guy.

This post was edited

I am definitely comfortable hugging men or women nude as well as clothed. Our skin needs those hugs.

This post was edited

Hugs are nice whether you're clothed or not! I find that most nudists are pretty "huggy" people. (must be because they're not so stressed) So go ahead, get your clothes off and get your hug on!

This post was edited

I am also strsight and a hugger. To me a hug is a sign of friendship, whether clothed or nude, male or female. I have never even thought about the contact in a sexual way. A good point was made in that if you would hug someone clothed, there should not be a problem hugging them nude.

This post was edited

In the groups that we participate with, hugs are usually given freely and often. I believe that most people look forward to hugging their friends. I know that some people do not appreciate full body hugs so we must limit ourselves to what they are comfortable with. We must avoid invading their space but a simple hand shake always seems so inadequate. Naked Hugs.

This post was edited

Delete duplicate message.

This post was edited

Good question. I was not brought up to be particularly huggy so I kinda think about it before getting or receiving one too. (We're not all as relaxed as we might like to be) I met a girl online and then met her for the first time at a nudist venue. Honestly, I did not know what to do. Normally, clothed, I would certainly have hugged her but it just seemed a bit intimate to embrace nude. Admittedly the moment was a wee bit awkward. Hugs are good things tho so when I do now, I try to forego the thinking and just enjoy the moment. I will try to apply that when nude as well. Thanks to those who offered the assurance that a hug is just a hug.

This post was edited