Number of views on my home page

Would anyone be able to advise me regarding the number of views on my home page. I've noticed that sometimes there are less views than the previous day and the next time I look there are more.
How can the number of views go down, surely if someone views my info the number goes up, not down ?
Thanks

This topic was edited
RE:Number of views on my home page

Many years on here and I have never figured out how anything is counted. Post are sometimes responded to without being viewed. View counts go up and down. Cutesy label under our names fluctuates. Only thing I can guess is that if someone leaves the site it deletes any history that they have done .hence their view is no longer in the count. But that is only a guess

This post was edited

I just figured there must be a time limit as to how long they stay in the count.

This post was edited

Many years on here and I have never figured out how anything is counted. Post are sometimes responded to without being viewed. View counts go up and down. Cutesy label under our names fluctuates. Only thing I can guess is that if someone leaves the site it deletes any history that they have done .hence their view is no longer in the count. But that is only a guess

I have been told that when someone leaves the site, all of their transactions disappear as well as any threats they started. Also, group moderators can delete posts or entire threads. That is why counts can decrease.

This post was edited

I think the one called "views" third down under your profile photo is the month total socan go up and down but the one Statistics is the total views for the site and will only go up.

This post was edited

I think the one called "views" third down under your profile photo is the month total socan go up and down but the one Statistics is the total views for the site and will only go up.

The "Views" under your profile will clear when you click on it to see who viewed you (paid members only). It may reset at the end of the month, I've never let it go that long, so I don't know.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited