All people are nudists at heart, they just have to take the first step

Its a philosophical question - are we all (ie all humans) truly nudists and we just have to take the first step?

Does anybody on here know anybody who gave nudism a nudge (I mean more than one experience) and then decided they didn't like it?

If you're reading this chances are you love being naked in most any activity or pursuit. You probably also know many folks, perhaps even your partner, who simply are afraid to take that first step and unleash the joy, freedom and exhilaration that being nude brings.

Think back - tell me what was your apprehension on going nude the first time? What was it that was stopping you and what was it that gave you the opportunity to change your life forever?

This topic was edited
RE:All people are nudists at heart, they just have to take the first step

I've known a few who have very negative feelings about being nude, mostly because they were sexually abused or they were forced into it before they were ready. The longer I live, the more aware I am of how many damaged people there are out there. And the more I admire them trying to carry out normal lives and normal relationships despite that damage.

The question for me is: do you know of any people who have sustained damage like that but who were somehow able to work through that and embrace nudism? I don't.

This post was edited

The question for me is: do you know of any people who have sustained damage like that but who were somehow able to work through that and embrace nudism? I don't.
I do...I am one. Ive shared my story here.

This post was edited

Does anybody on here know anybody who gave nudism a nudge (I mean more than one experience) and then decided they didn't like it?

Yes; but the reason was weird. It was a co-worker who tried the nude beach and found it boring. It seemed that she found her "exhibitionist tendencies" unfulfilled, with her nudity not bringing the level of attention she felt it deserved. Oh well...

My wife is a good example of someone who started out feeling that the idea of social nudity was ...well "unappealing" to put it mildly. It was more the idea that nudity should be between partners and not among a "bunch of strangers." But when she started feeling the joy of unconstrained body movements and swimming naked, her attitude started shifting to "oh...this is actually fun and enjoyable!" From there, comfort being naked around other people grew pretty rapidly. That seems to be a common experience.

Think back - tell me what was your apprehension on going nude the first time? What was it that was stopping you and what was it that gave you the opportunity to change your life forever?
My apprehension was being ridicule for my very frail-looking physique. I was very skinny as a young man. What changed me forever was joining a non-landed club. It made me feel "at home." I couldn't wait to be socially nude as much as possible.

This post was edited