Dancing events at nudist resorts

I recently asked my wife what were some of the things, as a nudist, that she had no interest in. She said she had no interest in a dancing event.

My wife is actually a big dance fan. She took lessons before Covid and still practices from Youtube videos. The night of our engagement we danced the night away, naked at home. We still do it from time to time.

I asked her what the specific issue was; and she said that the dance style "in vogue" involves a lot of hip/butt gyration. Too suggestive to be done nude around other people. I told her that these resort dances were clothing-optional; and that many people wear "something" there. She feels it's even worse; because of the "peekaboo effect" as buttcheeks and boobs can just "pop out" (she experienced that once while playing ping-pong in a cover-up; and her crotch showing as the skirt rode up and her boobs popping out of the sides).

I've never been to a nudist dance myself; and I wonder how other people feel about it. Is it too suggestive? Do you stick to a very mild form of dancing to avoid "peekabooing?" Or simply embrace it and not care?

This topic was edited
RE:Dancing events at nudist resorts

We've only been to a few theme events where dancing was part of the festivities. You are correct, most people, especially the women, wear a little something; sarongs, lace tops, sheer tops, etc. Those that show up completely naked, with the exception of a bow tie, hat... are almost always the men BUT, as the time passes, most of the women take off their sarongs or tops or both and midway through the evening, most everyone is naked. Our absolute favorite dance event (live music) was at Club O with our girls, son in law and grandkids. Everyone was naked and dancing and they were having such a great time.

Because the vast majority of those in attendance are of the older crowd, the dancing is what they learned recently and looks vaguely like what its suppose to look like or the way they danced while in HS. Di and I usually chuckle at some of the dance moves and say, "we used to dance that dance at the HS dances. The suggestive dancing that we've seen is only after some of the older crowd have had plenty to drink but that's not what I suspect your speaking or your wife is speaking of. To put it bluntly, I would guess that the older crowd might take the dancing younger people do, nowadays, as sexually suggestive, but I think you should just go, check it out and if it's not your cup of tea, you can always leave. I'd use the same logic as you did with your wife about trying nudism, give it a try and if it's not for you, you can decide not to participate.

I think it's one of the reasons the younger crowd doesn't visit much and many of these dance events are primarily the older crowd dancing to the 50' and 60's music. Again, I'd say, pick a theme event with dancing and just go and watch. If you find that more of the people in attendance are dancing similarly to how you or your wife dance, go for it and enjoy yourselves. Only reason we don't go to more is because these events are always held on weekends and we rarely stay or visit these events on weekends unless we are with our group of friends. We've kind of stop being the party type.

This post was edited

When our resort was holding Saturday night theme events, (pre-covid) dancing was a big part of the fun. Men and women came in various forms of dress . There was various forms of music and dancing too. Nobody seemed to be uneasy and just had fun.

This post was edited

Dance's are an annual near weekly event at our club. It is a shame white men can't dance such as myself :0 ! Lessons would sadly would not help a lick. Many issues are involved here. One there is no hope for me. Two these dances start just before my bedtime. Dancing and timeline is very complicated.

This post was edited

We have danced naked after dinner at two nude resorts where we have stayed. It's great fun and at this stage of my life I don't have to worry about arousal when slow dancing with my wife, rubbing against her. She is quite critical of my dancing style and rightfully so. At one resort, we entered a dance contest, which we had no business doing, given my dancing skills. As it turned out, we won. The voting was done by those in the dinning room, many of whom were our friends that got loud when our names were called. The prize was dinner for two at the restaurant, a nice prize given the pricey nature of the restaurant. Dancing naked is great fun, recommend it for all, even those with few talents, like myself.

This post was edited

We have gone to many dances at nudist resorts. Some women wear some sort of cover, but some don't. We love to dance and will dance to just about anything country, or older pop music (mid 80's or earlier), with few exceptions. I've danced with other wives, my wife has danced with other men, but there's not any of the "grinding" or anything like twerking when we dance with others. And no, just to be clear, we are not swingers, never have been, and never will be. Nothing even close. If that's a concern she has, she could always just sit those dances out.

This post was edited

My wife loves to dance. As an introduction to the club, I took her to a St. Patrick's Day dance. She was nude before the dance but chose to ware a sarong and a hat for the dance. Another man did ask her to dance on an upbeat song and during the dance one of her breast did pop out. She just kept dancing. I thought it was great that she did not have to be like a lot of the women at the textile night clubs who where cloths that barely cover their nipples and crouch so that are constantly in a tug of war with their cloths to keep themselves legal.

This post was edited

A number of years ago I attended a nudist resort that had a dance one of the nights I was there. I had vowed to myself before going to the resort to remain completely nude the whole time I was at the resort. I went to check out the dance and people watch a little bit. I was surprised at the number of people actually dancing as the floor was full. Later, some couples I had meet earlier at the resort asked me to join their table which promptly led the ladies get me on the dance floor with them. I am not a good dancer by any stretch of the imagination so I was quite nervous but ended up having a fun time. Everyone was polite, nothing sexual went on from what I could tell. Just nudists have fun dancing.

This post was edited

Thanks to everyone for the responses!

Whether a nude dance event at the resort will always be a "hard no" for my wife remains to be seen. She has also said she would never do game activities with other people naked; and she has (billiard and board games). So her boundaries are actually pretty fluid. When she finds herself in it she tends to just go with it.

But speaking of "finding herself in it"; that is the biggest obstacle. If dances are late at night, it is unlikely that we would be at the resort (unless it involves an overnight stay) late enough for her to witness a dance event and feel disposed to joining in.
But judging from the first-hand accounts I've read here, if she saw other women having a good time dancing, she probably would feel that it's more "fun" than "creepy." Just like playing pool or a board game naked with other couples.

This post was edited

-The few events we participated in were after dinner. We arrived around 7pm and like any other party, it takes a little bit before things start to liven up and get going. Seems around 8-8:30p things are in full swing, no pun intended, and by 10pm, the crowd thins out quite a bit. The diehards remain til 11:30 or management shuts down the event. Each event we've been to involved going with close friends so we usually packed it in around 11-11:30p and went back to one of our rooms for night caps before going to bed. Having met some nice people at the event, we invited a couple of people back to join us and we're still good friends with them today. Hopefully your wife will give it a try. ;-)

This post was edited

She may enjoy a themed dance. The one we went to was for St. Patrick's Day. Most people were dressed in some sort of green or leprechaun outfit. My wife wore a green sarong.

I was a solo at a dance at Mira Vista. It was a "Hats Only" dance. It was interesting seeing seeing how creative people were with theirs hats. There were hat bras and bikinis and a lot of other ways people wore hats that were not just on their heads.

This post was edited