RE:Meeting Real Quality People

We cant always meet other nudist in a more natural way both because of covid and even before covid where there are not many places even within driving distance. Money restricts travel perhaps more than covid has. Meeting people online really is like planning for gold, but when their is not much to find fools gold looks good.

I have met a few people from TN, but in person there is way more connection. I like that despite not being able to be with other nudists, you can still meet and keep in touch with other nudist digitally.

What I meant about overlook is ignoring your BS meter or letting the BS meter tick a few times before call it quits. In other words, giving people a chance to make things right.

This post was edited

One huge problem here is how many young women are actually old men ( and other fakes, phonies, and frauds) posing as young women. Caveat emptor!

This post was edited

The only way to calibrate your BS meter is to practice using it. Sometimes you'll get it right, sometimes you won't.
I think you really just need to go into interactions without too many expectations. If it goes well, great. If not, no skin off your nose.

Also, it helps to know what your looking for.
Do you want a regular chat buddy? Someone to talk to about specific topics? Once you know what you want, it's easier to recognize when someone isn't providing it.

This post was edited

One huge problem here is how many young women are actually old men ( and other fakes, phonies, and frauds) posing as young women. Caveat emptor!

There are also old men pretending to be young men.

This post was edited

Yeah sorting out the fake profiles from the real is annoying. Maybe there should be ID verification using the same ID that is needed for international flight.

This post was edited

BartlettPear wroteYeah sorting out the fake profiles from the real is annoying. Maybe there should be ID verification using the same ID that is needed for international flight.

Well, there is "Certification" but it's an imperfect tool. It may convince the site owners that you're the real deal, but beyond that, you're on your own. It's perfectly possible, AFAIK, for an old guy to get certified and then tweak his profile to present himself as a young man or a woman. But for those like myself who really want to meet and socialize with other like-minded people, it would be a pointless exercise, since I'd be exposed as a fraud the instant we met face to face.

This post was edited

Depending on what you want to do with people, fake profiles don't need to be concern.

If you're just looking to chat with someone, a scammer isn't going to hang around if they aren't getting anything out of you.

Most of the people I chat with are in other countries, so we're never going to meet in person. If they're good conversationalists, it doesn't really matter to me if they secretly aren't who their profile describes.

This post was edited

Aileron (and I really like that username!) said:

Most of the people I chat with are in other countries, so we're never going to meet in person. If they're good conversationalists, it doesn't really matter to me if they secretly aren't who their profile describes.

Or, as Kurt Vonnegut wrote: "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be very careful about what we pretend to be."

This post was edited

My name is Patrick Henry. "Give me liberty, or give me death!" Let's chat about Liberty!

More to the point:

"People always tend to be someone else" because we seek acknowledgement, acceptance and understanding. To get these, we learn/ copy from others and present ourselves to be seen as part of the accepted society."

If you pretend to be an attractive young woman here, you will have instance acceptance and your message in-box will light up like a Christmas tree. If you represent yourself as you truly are which may be an older man, then all the old stereotypes will kick in and you be rejected by most. You would be lucky to get one message reply.

The very sad thing in real life is that I constantly speak with older men and women who do indeed fell rejected by society as we are a youth worshiping nation. Yet, so many older people have so much information to share about their life's journey if only someone would give them the chance to engage in conversation. I do and am richly rewarded for doing so.

I prefer real life and real people with real experiences.

This post was edited

I prefer real life and real people with real experiences.

I'm not really sure what this has to do with the topic at hand. Interacting with people online doesn't mean you don't also interact with people in person. They aren't mutually exclusive.

This post was edited