Meeting Real Quality People

How do you meet people that actually want to be your friend? Many on here don't want to be friends. Some will engage in conversation for a short time, but later completely abandon it or disappear.

When I engage in a conversation, I want to genuinely get to know that person. Now, I know I dont have the best social skills, but I keep with it and work out it out.

We are all nudist here, or atleast want to be. Let's all try to be a community.

This topic was edited
RE:Meeting Real Quality People

You keep trying until it works.

There are lots of people here for lots of different reasons. There's no one strategy that's going to to work with everyone, so just engage people in conversation and see if they stick around.

This post was edited

A majority of people on social media sites aren't quality people, and it's no different with nudists.

To be good consumers, we're taught to love things and use people. To be real quality people we need to use things and love people. That takes vulnerability and risk.

Keep on being vulnerable and taking risks.

This post was edited

Yeah, it's just difficult and wears you down to keep reaching out to people that don't care about anyone but themselves. If you dont match their goals, your conversation is doomed before it ever really started. In person all the nudist I have met are open and accepting of all that they talk to. Maybe it's too much to ask of a nudist social media website to expect the same. I remain hopeful.

This post was edited

I encourage you to keep on trying. The key to understanding if people care about anyone not matching their goals is to pay close attention to their values. Read between the lines. The poet Maja Angelou once said "When people show you who they are, believe them the first time." If you're on a date, that means for example, that how your date treats the bus boy says more about them than how they treat you, because you'll inevitably become the bus boy to them. So listen and get it over with.

This post was edited

I know where you are coming from. I have had the same problem for many years. I just want to meet genuinepeople and have genuine friends but it never works out for me. I'm hoping that I find some new1 friends through this lifestyle

This post was edited

Well at the same time you dont want to over react when someone does something that you dont approve of. I like to give people a chance.

This post was edited

What would you consider to be overreacting?

This post was edited

You meet people in the REAL World by getting involved in activities that are of interest to you and that you share with others. Having common interests is really fundamental to real friendship.

Sadly most people today do not know what real friendship is. Loneliness is truly out of control in the USA. So many people are lonely and are are really literally begging for some kindness, compassion, understanding, and basic humanity. I just met an elderly woman the other day in the supermarket and we talked for something like 20 minutes. What an enjoyable conversation. I meet people anywhere and everywhere in REAL life.

Being on-line is a lazy substitute for going out into the real world to make real friends. Think about what you consider a real friend and then go after it in the real world.

Sharing nudism is not enough for real friendship. Unfortunately, on-line nudism is full of non-nudists and so you are somewhat doomed from the start. Too many people go on-line to pursue fantasies that are far removed from real life. Hopefully, you will not be one of them.

This post was edited

Stoneandy wrote:

To be good consumers, we're taught to love things and use people. To be real quality people we need to use things and love people.

and
If you're on a date, that means for example, that how your date treats the bus boy says more about them than how they treat you, because you'll inevitably become the bus boy to them.

You know, those are two of the wisest things I've read this month. Good on you! If you've raised your sons that way, they've got a great start on life.

This post was edited

Sunluver101 wrote;

I just met an elderly woman the other day in the supermarket and we talked for something like 20 minutes. What an enjoyable conversation. I meet people anywhere and everywhere in REAL life.Being on-line is a lazy substitute for going out into the real world to make real friends. Think about what you consider a real friend and then go after it in the real world.

Well said. Unfortunately, in this age of COVID, being online is the ONLY substitute for going out into the real world. So we're all making do with what we've been given. I'm yearning for the day when I can go to club meetings, resorts, campgrounds, and the like, so I can meet people in the flesh rather than on my computer screen.

Sharing nudism is not enough for real friendship. Unfortunately, on-line nudism is full of non-nudists and so you are somewhat doomed from the start. Too many people go on-line to pursue fantasies that are far removed from real life. Hopefully, you will not be one of them.

I've thought of social media as kind of like panning for gold. A lot of water and sand has to go past your pan before you get a nugget or two of real gold. But I have made a few friends here at TN, none of whom I've met in real life. I hope those opportunities will come soon. In the meantime, be yourself, keep your BS meter running and calibrated, and you'll do fine.

This post was edited