TN Profile - Men, Women & Couples %'s

For what it's worth and out of curiosity, I looked at the member numbers and came up with the info below. I am sure it's not perfect, but it is at least a 'bird's eye' view of our community. Not surprisingly, but somewhat disappointingly, the Men here outnumber the Women by a HUGE number - something on the order of 13 to 1 ratio (70k+ men to 5k+ women).

But what was surprising & curious is the % of women 18-30 years of age. Something tells me there are a lot of fake profiles in that group, here trolling for pictures or worse. Because it doesn't seem consistent with everything else I see or read about the nudist population profile. While the couples %'s are weird (over 100%, cause I can't figure out how the 'age' for couples is determined) the general range seems realistic.

This topic was edited
RE: TN Profile - Men, Women & Couples %'s

For what it's worth and out of curiosity, I looked at the member numbers and came up with the info below. I am sure it's not perfect, but it is at least a 'bird's eye' view of our community. Not surprisingly, but somewhat disappointingly, the Men here outnumber the Women by a HUGE number - something on the order of 13 to 1 ratio (70k+ men to 5k+ women).
Typical of most dating and sex sites.
But what was surprising & curious is the % of women 18-30 years of age. Something tells me there are a lot of fake profiles in that group, here trolling for pictures or worse.
Again, typical of most dating and sex sites. ( where there are rumored to also be a great number of fakes )
Because it doesn't seem consistent with everything else I see or read about the nudist population profile.
Nor is it consistent with my personal experience.
While the couples %'s are weird (over 100%, cause I can't figure out how the 'age' for couples is determined) the general range seems realistic.
Not sure how one would determin which age category in which to place a couple when they overlap. Possibly the average of their ages ? Hmmm....

In any case, this is a web site, not so much a community, and the few statements by the owner, as well as the functions of the site, are geared towards photographs. They are the main attraction, the ONLY feature that produces revenue, drive "profile ranking" and apparently "popularity" as well.
I don't fault him for that. Follow the money !
Those that would prefer a pure community are here, but in far, far smaller numbers than site hits and such would tend to suggest, methinks.

This post was edited

In any case, this is a web site, not so much a community, and the few statements by the owner, as well as the functions of the site, are geared towards photographs. They are the main attraction, the ONLY feature that produces revenue, drive "profile ranking" and apparently "popularity" as well.

Actually, this is a little off when it comes to popularity. Out of the top 5 most "popular" nudists only one is in the top 25 "picture posters." Nice to see that for the most part, personality seems to win out over number of pictures posted!

This post was edited

btw the men's total only comes out to 97%

This post was edited

I'm sure you're right about the 18-30 female profiles being largely fake. Only 1% of them are certified - as opposed to 5% of the young male profiles, 5% of the older female profiles, and 10% of the older male profiles.

I moderate a gay social site, where (oddly) the same thing happens. More females than males request to join, but after our quick verification process, most of the female applications evaporate. I used to worry that I was being somehow unconsciously sexist, but no - the female apps are mostly fake.

This post was edited

Awwwww..... I glanced at that chart and thought there were hopes for a young guy like me to find an awesome nudie chick to call my own. Sadness

Welp, back to the drawing board

This post was edited

Interesting. Any change over the years?

That would have to be a question for the Site Admin. I haven't been a member here long enough to have any insight. Maybe a year from now I will take another look.

This post was edited

Interesting. Any change over the years?

YES !!
Though women in general have always been the minority, the numbers have taken a dramatic shift over time.

This post was edited

Must ya interpret everything as negative man? Was simplying making a joke, of course finding a nudie chick to call my own isn't my primary goal on this site, heck, it ain't even a goal. Just some observational humor. So yeah. Meh. Tis is what I do.

This post was edited

Then why can you select that you are here for "Dating, Serious Relationship, Meeting Friends, Networking, Casual Aquantices" etc, on your profile?
Obviously, it was an intent of the owner, to at least allow that sort of thing.
Like ANY web site, you'll do better at a real venue, like a resort.
Not that it can't happen here, it can obviously, but it probably won't.

This post was edited