RE:When "reluctant wives/SO" turn nudist.

We stayed at a small guest house once. We didn't know until we got there that the hot tub and one section of the deck was clothing optional. Didn't bother me but my wife was not happy.

This post was edited

I've seen this happen only once; when I was a member of Travelites with my first wife. A couple arrived; and it quickly became obvious - from the wife's reaction when entering the backyard where everyone was nude - that the husband had not been entirely transparent as to where he was actually taking her.

I guess the idea for those guys is that rather than "do the work", they're just going to gamble on the "When in Rome effect" taking place; figuring that once their spouse realizes where she's at, she'll eventually accept the situation - and possibly even want to "fit in" and thus participate. But it's actually a form of entrapment; and very ill-advised.

The situation with the couple at Travelites wasn't a complete fiasco though, primarily due to my wife who read the situation immediately. Andy mentioned "personal rapport" as a factor for women embracing social nudity; and in this case my wife provided the personal rapport by deciding to approach the "distressed" wife and extend her friendship. Because the woman was able to share her feelings and distress, and my wife able to reassure her: she started relaxing, having fun socializing with my wife, and becoming more comfortable with the nudity. And eventually the idea of joining my wife in nude socialization. But although she did end up going nude with my wife, I don't think it had been quite enough to undo the damage cause by her husband's breach of trust. Before they left she said something along the lines of "I hope you're happy now: I got naked..." Which clearly indicated underlying resentment. We never saw them again.

The "sad" thing: if the husband had told his wife where they were going and what to expect, she still would have met my wife and ended up going nude. So it was a completely wasted opportunity for them to become a nudist couple.

This post was edited

One that went well, with genders reversed.
One time when I was at Gunnison, I came back from a walk and saw that a 30 something couple had set up near me. She was nude and he was wearing board shorts. They were having trouble blowing up a flotation device so I offered to help. While I was helping they revealed that she had asked him if he wanted to go to the beach and he said yes, but she had not told him it was a clothing optional beach. They were not married or living together but were vague as to whether they were steady couple or just friends. Before long, he dropped the shorts and seemed to have a good time, but for some reason he pulled the shorts back on and took them off again later.

This post was edited

At least you know you're not alone or have the only nudist wife that does things that have you scratching your head over and over again! ;DDD

I will say I will have to live with my ever thinning hair. Andy odd thing is she loses one hair two more grows back and she sheds like my dog. Some things just don't compute with me. Foot long blond hair in the bed every morning I'm debating to keep a shop Vac bedside now.

This post was edited

My late wife loved that I was comfortable to go nude at the beach and encouraged it. She briefly tried for herself but it wasnt for her.
Later gf also loved I went nude and nervously tried and loved it! We are still friends and still go to a nude beach together.

This post was edited

Nudonny's story brought to mind the first time my girlfriend, now wife, went to Elysium with me. We each went to the gender specific changing rooms after she had been assured nudity was her option.
I got to the pool first and wondered what would happen. She came out carrying her towel and jumped into the pool near me. After some splashing and giggling, she explained that the best way to not attract little attention was to be part of the crowd. She seemed comfortable and we enjoyed what we came to call ]The Sunset Cruise." We watched the sun go down from the jacuzzi. She was and avid nudist for over 30 years. Age and illness dampened her enthusiasm. I don't care that she doesn't look 34 any more. I still react and remember 34, regardless of what my eyes see. That day was nearly 3 decades ago.

This post was edited

I could go on and on what makes me think what the heck ? We just went through this when she hosted a home get together a week ago when friends came in and suddenly she puts clothes to greet them only to take them off shortly after. They have only seen her naked 1000 times already? Things need to make sense to me and sometimes I can not stop asking myself ehhh?

What I've found to often be true is that for women who were raised in a conservative/traditional manner: ingrained/learned modesty or decorum values will sometimes "kick in", even involuntarily or unconsciously. No matter how experienced they are in social nudism.
As often discussed, you see it most frequently with "posture etiquette." Which stems from the idea that a "proper lady should not sit in a revealing way." That is traditionally learned in childhood due to the wearing of skirts; and some women "default" to this even in a nudist setting where it is actually quite impractical - or even antithetic to the idea of body-acceptance.

With Luann, and I'm totally guessing here, it might be that she was always taught to be "properly attired" when greeting guests. Notwithstanding the fact that she will eventually be nude around them anyway.

When traditional upbringing meets nudism, that can lead to some head scratching moments, as some of these values are irrelevant to social nudism. My wife, for example, was always taught to be "properly attired for meals." So the first time we had a nude meal at a nudist venue, she totally clamed up , crossed her legs and her arms to eat; even though she had just been naked all day around all the other guests. Her upbringing had "kicked in." She still has "issues" eating nude to this day. Go figure...

This post was edited

I think it also goes back to "When in Rome." If we are in the nudist environment, staying at a resort or in our RV, I suspect Di would greet visitors nude, because they have arrived nude. At home, though these friends may also be nudists, they don't arrive nude, they arrived clothed. The idea that because we are nudists, we should just always be nude but that doesn't always make the experienced nudist, even in a planned socially nude setting, comfortable with being greeted by a naked host. It doesn't make sense to us guys because we are more apt to be naked in almost any situation but for Luann and Di, being raised as "good girls/ladies", it's not that easy, no matter how experienced a nudist they are.

When the invited guests arrive at our home, they will go into to their guest bedrooms or room we've designated for those staying for the day and undress. Di in turn will go into our bedroom and emerge naked just like the guests. I will sometimes answer the door with Di in my sheer shorts and then take them off after the front door closes. Most times I'm nude but they expect that from me since the first time we had nudist visitors come to visit and stay.

This post was edited

Nudony you are spot on. Luann was raised by very conservative parents and to this day it's ingrained to an exstint down to the way she sits or bends over. I've said it many times if there is ever a such thing as a shy nudist it's my Luann. I am blessed that she is a nudist make no mistake. She rocks even when wearing clothes and on a daily when she comes in from the office I always think wow!

This post was edited

Our first time started off slowly.
It was not long after we arrived in Australia as migrants that we visited the Gold Coast and went to Surfers Paradise beach.
The were a number of females topless so I encouraged my wife to take her top off.
She was reluctant at first but I managed to talk her into it, she decided she liked the warm sea breeze on her bare skin and told me she wondered what it would be like naked.
As it was illegal in those days to be nude on any Queensland beach a friend of ours told us about a beach that was frequented by nudists, we went with him one day midweek and found a nice sheltered spot in the sandhills of Southport spit.
Our friend and myself stripped off but my wife was reluctant at first then saw a couple of women walking into the sea naked and decided she just had to try that.
Since then we have enjoyed nudism both here in Australia and abroad wherever we find a clothes optional beach.

This post was edited