A question for those who were not raised as nudists

I am curious to here abouthow you attended yourfirsttime at a social gathering, weather it was at a beach, someones house, or where ever. Did you attendby your self or did you go with someone, if you went with someone were they of the opposite sex or the same as you? If you went with someone why did you choose that person? Thanks in advance for your input.
Jason

This topic was edited
My first time with other nudist

I researched about the nudists clubs around, made a couple of phone calls, then went along to a swim meet one day, it was great & every body was nice & welcoming. Before that I had been t oa nudist beach by myself once. But thee was only a couple of people on it & I didn't talk to them.

This post was edited
RE: A question for those who were not raised as nudists

A ole room mate got me started. She talked me into going to a resort with her were we spent the whole day. I loved it and we never had on clothes at home from that point on. Here I am many years later and I still love the feeling that being nude outdoors, as well as indoors provides.

This post was edited

I spent years wanting to go to the local resort but my significant other was so opposed to nudity it was ridiculous! Well, that person is long gone and I finally made the time to go. At the time, I didn't have any nudist friends so I went by myself and of course it was fantastic! I kind of like going by myself....I can read, walk or do whatever I want and if I want to talk, there is always someone to talk to! Everybody at Turtle Lake are so friendly and open! I'm very lucky to have Turtle Lake!

This post was edited

My first "social" experience was at a retreat in upstate New York, Steph's Pond, about 7 years ago.My boyfriend (now my husband) took me. Steph's is a very rustic, clothing optional club. I spent 5 hours in the car ride up driving him nuts, debating whether I would "go nude"around a bunch of strangers. Maybe I'll go topless, maybe not, etc. LOL,imagine 5 hours stuck in a car with someone repeating the same things over and over again.I'm notsure who was surprised more - him or me - when within the first 5 minutes there I was completely nude. It just felt silly to be the only person dressed.Two days later, when it was time to leave, Steve had to remind me to put my clothes back on when I got in the car. I did so, mentally kicking and screaming.

Jen

This post was edited

Always loved to be nude, so on our honeymoon cruise, I kept bugging my wife to find the nude beaches at each island we went to. We stopped in St. Martin and went to Long Beach (Dutch/French border) spent about 30 min there with our suits on noticing that we were the only ones with clothes on, then finally both took them off. That's a beach which tends to be much easier because it's as social as you want to make it. Wife does not like the social aspect of nudism at all. After a few years going to nude beaches I was still nervous the first time I went to a social gathering nudist event and almost turned around too. I'm glad I kept going because I love it now.
mike

This post was edited

I had enjoyed the occasional trip to the beach and before that as a child, had enjoyed the odd nude romp in the countryside, and felt very guilty, wondering if I was normal.

Graduated to the local nudist beach and befriended a couple, Mike and Mary from Thannet, (lost touch with them now, so if you know them, please say that Phil, from Ann & Phil (Canterbury) would like to get back in touch. Then I found that Sid (a friend at work) was a member of the local Invicta Sun Club. Sid and Sue (who I also would love to get back in touch with) introduced my then wife and I to the club, and suddenly, we had our INF / FNI International Passports.

It was fantastic, small and rustic, just a few acres, but well established, with all the usual, Big Club house, several well kept wooden Chalet's, Mini ten and volleyball courts, camping areas and nature trail, and a nice big swimming pool and lawns. All set in a big clearing in the woods. Enjoyed that for a year or so, but then we parted and I felt awkward going on my own and eventually stopped. If you currently go, or have been in the past to Invicta Sun Club, (Nr Dover) give us a holler.

After that I was mainly a home nudist with the occasional trip to the beach, but my new partner could not be tempted and I realised that the time spent travelling to the beach (about an hour, including a long walk) could be better spent sunning in the garden (we count the hours of sunshine here :) so I slipped back into the closet, and built a splash pool. More recently I have enjoyed some great nude local walks, love being on my own with nature, but would like to be able to share my local knowledge with a small group of friends this year.

This post was edited

I was not raised as a nudist but knew they existed.
My first experience: I was vacationing at Club Med on Martinique The first two days were spent on the beach sitting in a soggy swimsuit and being chafed by sand. I signed up for a day boat trip and picnic at a beach on an island away from the resort. As we were leaving, I discovered that the excursion was to an island with a nude beach! I decided to go any way, thinking no way was anybody getting me out of my suit. I stood firm and, in fact, was the last person to give in and shed my swimsuit - I was the last one to get dressed to return to the resort. Why hadn't someone told me about this sooner? I was hooked, and that was over 40 years ago. The phrase, "nude when possible, clothed when practical," definitely describes me. I do wear at least shoes when vacuuming the house though as I have a habit of running over my toes with the vacuum cleaner.
I admit that my first reaction was that this was something that was not an acceptable practice. I was unaware that there were national organizations.

This post was edited
A question for those who were not raised as nudists

I have not gone to any type of organized group event yet. Since my wife will not join me, I feel like I'm not wanted as a married malein the Chicago area clubs and places I've looked at. Plus I'm shy, not about nudity, butabout meeting new people. If anyone has any suggestionson whereI could go, I would appreciate it.

This post was edited

I grew up skinnydipping on a farm and in high school but that's not real social nudity. My first social nude event was a party at a couple's house with 8 people. I was real nervous and I was leakin like a '79 Chevy.

This post was edited