Life Modeling

Well after looking though these forums, and people talking about working nude, and the possiblitys, I thought I would try it out.
After posting my details up on a website for people wanting to do life modeling, and e-mailing some art schools, and adult education classes, I had my first booking last night.
It was just a artist wanting a model for his own personal drawings, not a class with lots of people, but it was great just to be naked somewhere other than the beach or home for a change, and no needing to worry about getting caught by anyone.
Im not sure if I would do another session with this artist though, as I am thinking he was more into looking at my body than drawing it, it was more a lets see what sort of poses you can do session for "Future refrence" 90% of the poses he asked me to get into were what I would of though "Acceptable" with a couple crossing the line into erotica. But even so he couldnt believe how comfortable I was for my first time as a life model, been totaly naked in front of a complete stranger.
I have another booking with an art school in a couple of weeks, where it will be in front of a class, so that will be intresting, and I dont mind spending 2 hours just sitting/lying around nude and getting paid for it... Would highly recomend to anyone wanting to work in the nude.

This topic was edited
RE: Life Modeling

You might want to bring a robe with you to the class for the breaks during the session. I've been doing life modeling for a VERY long time. You might also bring a towel with you so you have something of yours to sit on (this I probably didn't have to suggest).

This post was edited
RE: Life Modeling

My first, and so far only, session modelling was for an indiviual artist. I have not heard from him since but it was an intersting experience all the same. I hope to do more in the future. Best of luck with your ongoing efforts.
Tom

This post was edited
RE: Life modelling

I've been doing life modeling and it is fun and relatively easy. My instructor sometimes goes over the time limit when I'm ready to fold but I find after about 25 minutes the pain seems to lessen as you become accustomed to the pose. In fact, I had a gig tonight but I'm working. Too bad. Most of the classes here seem to be females. I chat with the class as long as it is not a facial drawing. You concentrate on the pose and maintaining balance so hard you rarely get to appreciate that you're not encumbered by clothes. Nude In MA, notwithstanding our previous correspondence silliness, I think the best answer is to just not to admit to inexperience and go knowing you will pose in interesting ways that can be held. Other comments here were useful. As well, often, 68 year olds are PREFERRED as they have wrinkles, folds, pads or assorted parts that make them interesting to draw. The adonis type is NOT required! So go for it!

This post was edited
Have my 2nd Modeling session tommorow...

Well after that first session, I have a proper class to model for tomorow, so two hours of nakedness in the middle of the day, and I get paid for it, hopefully the tutors like me and book me for some other time.
Will let all know how it goes

This post was edited
RE: Have my 2nd Modeling session tommorow...

Well life modeling session 2 down....
Was pretty good, was defiantly diffrent to the last one, I defiantly need to have a few poses up my sleve for when the artists dont have any ideas for the next pose....
Although had a request I wasnt expecting, can you put your clothes on for a bit of a diffrence... so it was only 1 hour in the nude, not the two I was hoping, oh well.

This post was edited

I've often wondered about life modelling. One concern of mine is the ability to hold poses due to my lower back problems, there are many positions which produce pain. Does anyone here have lower back issues and had sucess with life modelling?
JP

This post was edited

I've often wondered about life modelling. One concern of mine is the ability to hold poses due to my lower back problems, there are many positions which produce pain. Does anyone here have lower back issues and had sucess with life modelling?JP

That's one reason I don't model any more. Firstly, the museum where classes were held - they have to keep the temp low for the paintings. You can pose sitting on the floor on your towel/robe you would bring. Some classes have a raised platform. Even just sitting in a chair for 2 hours is painful for my back.

This post was edited
Is it Lucrative?

Just curious if life modeling will cover the cost of gas to get there or if it pays very well... We are a couple that has talked about doing it but aren't sure if it is likely to be a good source of income or just something to do for fun occasionally. any idea?

This post was edited