Do nudist clubs, resorts and beaches lower value of surrounding property?

Learning what it takes to establish a landed club. One of the gruling performances a new club executive has to go through is sit and answer to their local municipal people usually in a publically open counsel meeting. One of the common fears of local landholders is what a nudist club will do the property values.

This topic was edited
RE: Do nudist clubs, resorts and beaches lower value of surrounding property?

Why would it? I'd assume the land/property is currently used for something and can think of a lot worse uses than nudism. OK there are some lame people who might not understand but ignorant people shouldn't effect the price too much.

Reminds me about a story of some Hell's Angels who bought a residential house in a nice neighbourhood to use as a Club house (OK middle aged Hell's Angels!!). One person complained and made a fuss but the other residents were happy - no-one would dare burgle a house in the area just in case they got the wrong one!!

Nudists make no noise and generally don't drive around late at night - I can think of a lot worse activities!!

This post was edited

Due to property costs, I would imagine most are not in a residential area but more out in the country. The one I have been to is surrounded by pastue land and the cows out there are nude too. They would pay a higher property tax because the land is valued higher because it is improved land and would not carry agriculture exemption.

This post was edited

Some nudist parks are even in manufacturing locales away from the population. Most are away from schools and churches/religious buildings.
Nudist parks and resorts all have fences around them generally to keep nudists safe from prying eyes. I don't think price values would change very much.

This post was edited