More male spaces?

Looking at historic photos and film, I always think it's so sad that men have lost a lot of the spaces where they could be naked together in recent times. Not so very long ago there were many such - for example, the Lido on the Serpentine in the middle of London was all male and nude until the Second World War. There was a famous men's bathing place in Oxford that was the same until the 1990s! I think people should start more events and venues to restore this tradition - for example, swims, men's nudist groups, public events like the World Naked Bike Ride etc. Otherwise the younger generation are going to completely lose the idea of the liberation of social nudity - this is already happening, as I observe from going to nudist places. Any ideas?

This topic was edited
RE:More male spaces?

The younger generation is reclaiming social nudity on their own terms, both same sex and mixed as their view of gender and orientation is more fluid than their seniors. Some common contemporary nudist values often expressed on TN, including discrimination against single males and a general dismissal that naked people aren't sexual in nature, seem quite irrelevant to them. Thus, I think nudism as we know it is dying with their grandparents generation and those of us straddling those opposing views can wait and see what emerges.

This post was edited