What went wrong with the foreskin?

I had a serious condition in my foreskin and glans in the begining of this year. I had a very strong infestation by candida albicans, a fungus very common all over our body. It didn't happen before...
My urologist gave me the receipt to some medicines and in one week it was gone. The urologist told me that eventually the conditions could be back, so the best thihg to do is a circuncision...
In order to get a second opinion, as I love my little uncut penis the way it is, I call a dermatologist, an old lady, who is a good friend and I trust her a lot. She received me, made an extensive examination and perceived the condition in my foreskin and glans was coming back. I've told her the first time it happened I even couldn't retract the foreskin to let the glans get out! She gently asked me if I was in trouble with erection issues. Yes, but I'd never had it before too. She told me to get several blood exams and to consult a endocrinologist.
Bingo! It all was about diabetes.
So I was fully medicated, lost 28 kilos, came back to gymn and had no more problems.
I hope this story may help or inspire people with the same condition or even to show that not always one problem is solved in itself, it may be a symptom of a major condition!

This topic was edited
RE:What went wrong with the foreskin?

I have heard several cases where diabetes has been the cause of having to be circumcised, my partner has had a couple of issues this year and the Dr has said it might be due to one of his diabetes medications

This post was edited

If the condition persists and appears a lot, one may think about the benefits of a circucision...
A pic of the first time I had the candidiasis... I can't even expose the glans!

This post was edited

If I understand correctly, your urologist totally missed the underlying cause of your infection - diabetes - in favor a circumcision. Could you imagine a doctor having a similar attitude about cutting off other body parts? Don't you feel a combination of anger to him for misdiagnosing you, with gratitude to your dermatologist friend for calling out what was really going so you could nip it at the bud? I get frustrated with Western medicine's focus on treating symtoms and feel nudism encourages a more holistic view. I just wish more medical doctors were nudist!

This post was edited

You've got the point!

This post was edited

i had a case of balanitis at one point a few months ago and it was resolved with a little tube of ointment from the dermatologist. it was a little strange to ask my skin doctor to look at my dick rather than the urologist. but i was there and it was bothering me and it was no big deal for him to look at (and show to the (male) trainee that was also there) and prescribe the fix.

This post was edited

One thing to do when bathing is to be careful and leave no soap under the foreskin. Often a water rinse is sufficient. But if you need to use soap under your foreskin, consider a mild soap such as baby shampoo or even that soap for women "SummersEve".

The diabetes situation is a bit more problematic. Part of the reasons for problems is that the urine can be high in sugars. And left under the foreskin, infections can occur. Again, borrow the med that ladies frequently use for vaginal infections known as vagisil for yeast infections.

Another thing that can be done is to retract to urinate and then wipe dry when done.

Hope these ideas help!

This post was edited

I had a serious condition in my foreskin and glans in the begining of this year. I had a very strong infestation by candida albicans, a fungus very common all over our body. It didn't happen before...My urologist gave me the receipt to some medicines and in one week it was gone. The urologist told me that eventually the conditions could be back, so the best thihg to do is a circuncision...In order to get a second opinion, as I love my little uncut penis the way it is, I call a dermatologist, an old lady, who is a good friend and I trust her a lot. She received me, made an extensive examination and perceived the condition in my foreskin and glans was coming back. I've told her the first time it happened I even couldn't retract the foreskin to let the glans get out! She gently asked me if I was in trouble with erection issues. Yes, but I'd never had it before too. She told me to get several blood exams and to consult a endocrinologist.Bingo! It all was about diabetes.So I was fully medicated, lost 28 kilos, came back to gymn and had no more problems.I hope this story may help or inspire people with the same condition or even to show that not always one problem is solved in itself, it may be a symptom of a major condition!

I know this is an old post but I just joined the group.

WOW!!! I am uncircumcised and didn't know that diabetes could cause issues to the foreskin. My doctor said I am pre-diabetic so this information is good to know.

I hope you have your diabetes under control.

This post was edited

Totally under control and no more foreskin issues and very good erections!

This post was edited

Thats great to hear. I really need to change my diet to help avoid issues in the future.

Thanks for sharing your story, I think men need to share more info in regards to mens health.

This post was edited