RE:To shave or not to shave?

Question for nudist women: Did you start or stop shaving "down there" after you became a nudist? If so, what was the reason? Was there expectation from you peers, or your own thoughts on what looked better?

Basicly in think everyone should be free to practice as she likes it best. So i never will say shaved is better or vice versa. My "nudism career" began when i was a toddler, so there is no accordance by shaving with nudism beginnings. I personally prefer it trimmed, but with some changes over the years (trimmed short, or leaving a stripe etc.). Since some years i use to shave completely, as i like the look & feel. There were no expactations from peers, at least i can't recall.

This post was edited

I agree. It is up to a woman to decide for herself if she shave or doesn't shave. It's her body & her decision alone whether to be hairy or smooth.

This post was edited

Over a year ago, my wife decided to "go smooth." This was mostly due to all our friends - including myself - at the resort being shaven; and my wife deciding to "get on the bandwagon."

I personally feel that smooth is a "good look" for her; but ultimately it was her choice. As long as she's comfortable and confident in the way she looks naked, that's the most important thing.

This post was edited

Di went smooth quite some time before we began social nudism. She was self-conscious about it when we got to the beach. As she looked around, she only saw a couple other women that didn't have pubic hair. After she stripped, she sat for quite some time before suggesting we go for a walk on the beach. As we were walking, in both directions, she saw several more women that had gone smooth. It wasn't until several years later that we began seeing more and more people at the club, resorts and the beach that had removed their pubic hair.

Di was the trailblazer in our group. The other women obviously noticed and two of the women checked into the resort with pubic hair. They both laid out for a bit and then they said something to one another and went into their rooms. They emerged without pubic hair and have been smooth from that day on. That was over 30 years ago. For me, I was smooth about a year before Di went completely smooth.

This post was edited

It wasn't until several years later that we began seeing more and more people at the club, resorts and the beach that had removed their pubic hair.

How times have changed.

During my first marriage, as my ex grew more comfortable with social nudism, she decided to shave smooth. When asked why; she responded that she wanted to sport a more "youthful look" than the "older" women at our resort. She was in her mid-twenties at the time. It certainly was noticed, as she was one out of maybe a couple of other women sporting that "look." At that time it and in that neck of the woods, it was still considered "daring" or even "brazen"; as it supposedly brought more attention to the genitals. That didn't faze her at all.

Today, she would just blend in.

This post was edited

I'm sure you remember from the other sites we've both been on, that many thought going smooth was just a fad. Many thought it would die out and return, to what they thought was the norm. It's apparent from all our nudist travels, the countless visits to clubs, resorts and beaches, that it's not the case. Be it a personal choice, something done to please your mate or to fit in with the crowd, it appears going smooth is here to stay for the majority of nudists, at least.

For my wife, it was a personal, personal choice. Something we did for each other. At first she was wearing smaller and smaller bikinis. I began trimming her up because of that. She felt that if she had to wear a bathing suit, the smaller the better. Soon there wasn't much pubic hair left so she just shaved it off completely. When I commented on it, she replied that she wasn't sure why she waited so long to do it or have me do it. It's a fad that we've both been doing for over 30 years.

This post was edited

1st time I ever shaved was after becoming a nudist. I never shaved or trimmed before due to my stict Muslim upbringing so pretty much had a full bush since 13yo. I think seeing the other women and girls shaved made me feel like I needed to do the same

This post was edited

1st time I ever shaved was after becoming a nudist. I never shaved or trimmed before due to my stict Muslim upbringing so pretty much had a full bush since 13yo. I think seeing the other women and girls shaved made me feel like I needed to do the same

This post was edited

I like the smooth look ;-))

This post was edited

I initially wanted to wax to make things more appealing i dont know why cuz im not looking to make any connections when im out nude. Its strictly for myself confidence and learn to be safe. Then i decide i was gonna go all natural. I wadnt sure sbout the pits but actually it feels so much more dry your skin doesmt stick anymore.

This post was edited