Father and Older Brother

My father had benign prostate enlargement a zillion years ago -- had his prostate removed. He's been dead for a while now and it was long before that. My oldest brother had his prostate removed for the same reason less than a year ago.

Doctors here don't do the digital-rectal prostate exam anymore. The last time I had it done, I was told my prostate was small and supple. So, no problems here, in that regard.

Try to cum often -- anyway.

This topic was edited
RE:Father and Older Brother

Digital exams of prostate are important. Even the guy who invented the PSA test says get a digital exam too. You can have prostate cancer with a low PSA number. Find a doc and get a digital exam yearly in addition to a PSA test.

This post was edited

Digital exams of prostate are important. Even the guy who invented the PSA test says get a digital exam too. You can have prostate cancer with a low PSA number. Find a doc and get a digital exam yearly in addition to a PSA test.

This post was edited

I have recently been diagnosed, so glad I have been, they send you for a routine MRI scan, mine revealed a very large aneurysm (8 cm) if I hadn't had a very slightly raised PSA and digital exam chances are it wouldn't have been found and I wouldn't have lasted long. The aneurysm has been operated on, don't know what will happen with the cancer, feeling very confused here.

This post was edited

I brought up the DRE with my doctor a while back. He said it wasn't necessary and was a poor diagnostic tool -- exactly what I've read in my research. Regardless, he said he'd be happy to do it if I were interested.

I think maybe the next time I go in for a physical I'll ask him to do it -- if nothing else, then on the grounds that it's been many years since the last time and maybe once in a while might be useful.

This post was edited

I brought up the DRE with my doctor a while back. He said it wasn't necessary and was a poor diagnostic tool -- exactly what I've read in my research. Regardless, he said he'd be happy to do it if I were interested.I think maybe the next time I go in for a physical I'll ask him to do it -- if nothing else, then on the grounds that it's been many years since the last time and maybe once in a while might be useful.

Do you get a PSA annually?

This post was edited

Yes.

This post was edited