Treasure Hunting!

I frequent Hippie Hollow in Austin, Texas. I enjoy tanning and swimming. But, after I am done for the day, I leave my self time to walk up and down the shoreline, looking for trash such as cans, bottle, the occasional article of clothing, sunglasses, and even phones. I do this not only because I want the area to be clean for the next people, I do not want to be walking arond with the possibility of getting a foot cut by a hidden bottle or other sharp object. It makes me feel good to give back to.

Another reason I do it, now with more gusto than when I started, is because one time I was in the water, diving down just a few feet to pick up cans that were close at hand in the water, when on one of my trips down, I spotted a shiny circular object. I thought to myself, "Hmm, that looks like a ring." I picked it up from the sandy water and brought it up. It looked like silver, and I thought, hey cool I just paid for my trip here! When I took it to a coin shop that bought old silver (as this ring was obviously in the water for some time) they examined it and did some tests and came back to me and said, "We're sorry, but we do not buy platinum"......PLATINUM!?!?! (score!)
They kindly gave me the name of someone who did, and I took it to them and they cut me a check for over $460!! Pay for the day, nothing! It paid for the whole yearly mebership and then some!
So I took it as a sign that I was doing a good deed by cleaning up the area. Now I want to go back with a metal detector some time and see what I can find!

By the way, I did first look to see if the ring had a name or initials on it, and even on craigslist to see if someone had lost a ring.

So, grab a trashbag before hitting the beach next time, and who knows what you'll find. I also have some interesting conversations with other beach-goers and applauds from others.

Have a great day!

This topic was edited
RE: Treasure Hunting!

Most nudists do bring out more than they bring to the
beach. It's just good nudist/naturist etiquette

This post was edited
RE: Treasure Hunting!

why not take trash with you? empty water & sodabottles weigh less and take up less space than they did when you brought them. they fit just as easy back in the bag, lunch pack or cooler you brought them in.

This post was edited