New Year's resolutions I've made for this year

So I'll go first. I have resolved to completely stop trying to meet the expectations of others. I have a hard enough time meeting the expectations I've set for myself!

The 2nd resolution I've made is to do something I've never done before!

This topic was edited
RE:New Year's resolutions I've made for this year

I need to take things more seriously. I spent all of '21 going through the motions and letting other people "drive my bus" because I kept thinking the pandemic would end and I could "resume control" then.
Now I realize we have to make the best of this situation and I will contribute more at work, in life, and maybe even in love. (I won't get my hopes up... LOL)
Thank you for this forum. Best to all of you.

This post was edited

Attend the YMCA 6 of 7 days a week, get in better shape for more nude activities I plan on attending this year after my divorce.

This post was edited

So I've already done 2 things, just yesterday, that I've never done before. The first was completely unintentional: I unknowingly parked in a handicapped space which did not have the traditional Handicapped sign with the wheel chair nor did it have a blue painted curb. I parked there less than an hour while I helped my husband install an art exhibition. I went back to my car (a rental b/c mine is in the shop after someone plowed into me) to find a ticket on the windshield! Worse yet---the fine is $130!! ----- the 2nd NEW thing I did yesterday was go a local smoke shop (I don't smoke) and purchased a couple pieces of chocolate cannabis candies. And that was only 4 days into January. Makes me excited to see what lies ahead - I have lots of new things I'd like to do! How about you?

This post was edited

Just catching up here but want to take a moment to say that I really like your outlook and appreciate your perspective on personal change. Wishing you the best in ALL of the areas you mentioned!

This post was edited

Responding a little late for this one, here goes.
First, I never make NY resolutions because that would imply I have something wrong, hahahahaha.
Second, if just for the sake of argument I did have something wrong, I do not, why wait until NY to change. If my tire is flat, I change it today not Jan 1st. I am a work in progress still with many rough edges, LOL

This post was edited

You're welcome. A little introspection never hurt any of us. It sounds like our aspirations are pretty similar.

This post was edited