- Moving can be stressful, but I remain optimistic and enthusiastic. I think the fortune cookie I opened with my Chinese take-out tonight was meant to be encouraging. I just need to keep my cool.
- Thank you for your reply and advice. Unfortunately, that is not correct. Laser does not work (I've checked w/ people who specialize in removal of...
- Surgi Wax is great stuff and comes with clear directions which you absolutely should follow to a T. It's a bit of a messy, time-consuming...
- So now I'm really living on the edge: today I got my 3rd Pfizer (booster) shot AND my flu shot at the same time. Only side-effect so far is that the site of my flu shot got rather sore for awhile, but is better now. It could be the effect of the Quarantini I sipped on before dinner, though. Anyhow - so far, so good. Miss you all. Moving and hope to be back once the dust settles. xo
- It took me over 15 months but I finally lost the weight I put on while hospitalized with Covid last June. The doctors kept asking me if I'd lost my sense of taste or appetite. I said NO and I wanted food. The fed me well. I was not able to exercise as I was in bed with tubes going in and out of me. I gained 5 lbs in 3 days. This morning I finally got down to 113 lbs and was able to wear my sz 2 shorts to the gym! Yay!
The first thing I'd like to share about myself is that I'm FAR more interested in what a man has between his ears than what he has between his legs!! So if you don't provide a little information about yourself - and/or if you're younger than any of my kids, I'll probably decline your friend request. You should have at least been born prior to the Woodstock Festival, even if you were too young to attend. I was there but I'm sure I wouldn't remember you anyhow.
Secondly, I do not accept friend requests from folks with blank profiles. Ideally, you should at least get certified - It's free to get certified and only a minimum hassle.
For the most part, I'd say that I had a pretty happy childhood. I was taught to believe in the holy trinity: Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy. Through the years, these three entities would faithfully show up, without fail, to perform their various duties at the appropriate times.
I do not Skype and I'm not interested in starting.
You can be assured that the age in my profile is accurate. I do take good care of myself, exercise daily, and practice conscious (as opposed to "mindless") eating habits. I read the ingredient labels on almost everything I purchase, and I try to get an adequate amount of sleep each night and drink at least 3 qts of water/day - actually, that includes coffee, tea, Bai, and adult beverages (my favorites in the last category are Long Island Ice Tea and Gin & Tonic).
I am friendly, outgoing, adventurous, and optimistic for the most part. In addition, I am compassionate and understanding.. I genuinely care for other people. That does not mean that I put up with any crap, but if there is any way that I can help anyone who could genuinely benefit from my help, I will go the distance. What can I say? Some folks love their gardens. Some folks love their pets. Most of all, I love people and BOOKS!
Happy to make friends with single, divorced, widowed or married guys, couples & females but will delete and BLOCK anyone who is pushy or rude in the chatroom, whether in main chat or in PMs. I will also bring it to the attention of the moderators (whom I've discovered are looking out for the safety, comfort, and best interests of all who are members of this site).
Karen - 74
- 5' 1"
- Income Level
- Ask me
- Eclectic reader
- I have grown children
- Income Level
- Platonic Friends
- Casual Acquaintances
Who I'd like to meet
Adventurous and creative people.
Besides reading, I love to cook and so I have a little herb garden, but I honestly do NOT enjoy gardening. I'm interested in far away places and places as near as the inside of my head - thoughts, emotions, longings, perspectives and also the pure mechanics of how the brain works! I like Science-y stuff.
l'll add to this list but my current favorite is Midnight in Paris. Also loved O, Brother, Where art Thou? , Yesterday, Lars & the Real Girl, The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind....to be continued, but mostly I like to read books - short stories, novels, poetry, more Science-y stuff. 2 mind-blowing books I've read over the past year or 2 are Industries of the Future and The Fifth Threat.
Classical, blues, folk, old time rock n roll
Truth-tellers. Authors. Artists. Book lovers. Book lovers never go to bed alone!