- Thank you dear lady. Maybe we can share a hot tub and a frisky Friday someday. ;-) Cheers!!!
- Thanks so much for accepting my friend invite. I hope to connect soon and plan something. Maybe coffee to start?
- Good morning - this date has come and gone and we loved the house party. We have a mutual friend who lives not far from Brick and would love to be...
- NakedReaderuploaded photo
- Name of the cocktailFrisky Friday Brief description (optional)A salute to the beginning of the weekend! Ingredients with amounts2 oz Irish Whiskey; .5 oz honey liqueur; 1 oz orange juice OR 1 oz Clementine Bai; 2 dashes Angostura bitters InstructionsFill a highball glass with ice. Measure ingredients as listed into a small cocktail measuring glass. Stir a bit and pour over ice in glass. Notes & Comments (optional) Definitely add a sprig of fresh mint if you have it available. 192 or 179 cal w/ OJ or Bai
- Making progress here with the hot tub. but I never dreamed that the start-up would be so complicated. My car had to go in the shop today to get the serpentine belt replaced (whatever that is) and we returned home where Jim cooked dinner while I made myself a Frisky Friday! I'll try to post the recipe here and we'll just have to see how that goes. Meanwhile, please submit your favorite cocktail recipe to ournakedcocktails.com - thanks!
- I am STILL collecting cocktail recipes for a book that will be titled "Naked Cocktails!" Please submit your favorites using the submission form at at ournakedcocktails.com I will THANK you! Meanwhile, I'm going to go make myself a "Thunderbolt Thursday" and pop in a sprig of fresh mint!
The first thing I'd like to share about myself is that I'm FAR more interested in what a man has between his ears than what he has between his legs!! So if you don't provide a little information about yourself - and/or if you're younger than any of my kids, I'll probably decline your friend request. You should have at least been born prior to the Woodstock Festival, even if you were too young to attend. I was there but I'm sure I wouldn't remember you anyhow. Actually, I've made exceptions to this standard as a couple of my closest friend here were not born until 1970 or later, which would make them "post-Woodstock" babies, although it's still possible that a few may have been conceived at Woodstock.
Secondly, I do not accept friend requests from folks with blank profiles. Ideally, you should at least get certified - It's free to get certified and only a minimum hassle.
For the most part, I'd say that I had a pretty happy childhood. I was taught to believe in the holy trinity: Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy. Through the years, these three entities would faithfully show up, without fail, to perform their various duties at the appropriate times.
I do not have a Skype account.
You can be assured that the age in my profile is accurate. I do take good care of myself, exercise daily, and practice conscious (as opposed to "mindless") eating habits. I read the ingredient labels on almost everything I purchase, and I try to get an adequate amount of sleep each night and drink at least 3 qts of water/day - actually, that includes coffee, tea, Bai, and adult beverages (my favorites in the last category are Long Island Ice Tea and Gin & Tonic).
I am friendly, outgoing, adventurous, and optimistic for the most part. In addition, I am compassionate and understanding.. I genuinely care for other people. That does not mean that I put up with any crap, but if there is any way that I can help anyone who could genuinely benefit from my help, I will go the distance. What can I say? Some folks love their gardens. Some folks love their pets. Most of all, I love people and BOOKS!
Happy to make friends with single, divorced, widowed or married guys, couples & females but will delete and BLOCK anyone who is pushy or rude in the chatroom, whether in main chat or in PMs. I will also bring it to the attention of the moderators (whom I've discovered are looking out for the safety, comfort, and best interests of all who are members of this site).
Karen - 75
- 5' 0"
- Rhinebeck, NY
- Income Level
- Ask me
- Eclectic reader
- I have grown children
- Income Level
- Platonic Friends
- Casual Acquaintances
Who I'd like to meet
Adventurous people, risk-takers, curious and creative people. I changed my religion from Christian to "other" but I'm really more of a "Free-range Christian" in faith and practice, but that was not offered as an option. For me, the great dividing line is honesty vs dishonesty. We should all be true to ourselves and to each other and understand that the person standing next to you is of no less or more value than you are.
Besides reading, I love to cook and so I have a little herb garden, but I honestly do NOT enjoy gardening. I'm interested in far away places and places as near as the inside of my head - thoughts, emotions, longings, perspectives and also the pure mechanics of how the brain works! I like Science-y stuff.
l'll add to this list but my current favorite is Midnight in Paris. Also loved O, Brother, Where art Thou? , Yesterday, Lars & the Real Girl, The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind....to be continued, but mostly I like to read books - short stories, novels, poetry, more Science-y stuff. 2 mind-blowing books I've read over the past year or 2 are Industries of the Future and The Fifth Threat.
Classical, blues, folk, old time rock n roll
Truth-tellers. Authors. Artists. Book lovers. Book lovers never go to bed alone!