Why are they not nude?

As I saw an similar topic in the forum I remember our holidays at the Vera Playa hotel. We had our room to the outside of hotel. I think the rooms with the view to the pool area were more expensive. We had the view to the next resort and and the beach and the sea on the side. It was no problem to be nude on the balcony because the resort was also a nudist area. I think there were more permanent homes than holiday apartments.

Now to my question. When we were on our balcony in the afternoon we could hear the people in the appartment vis-a-vis and see them when they were on their balcony. They were clothed. Why are they not nude in a nudist resort? We could see other people walking to the nudist beach, clothed. Only one day somebody went nude to the beach. And there were 2 pools on the resort. A caretaker cleaned them from time to time from foliage. But we had never seen anybody swimming in it. We had no explanation. Just some thinking you only do on holidays.

This topic was edited
RE:Why are they not nude?

Did you swim in the pool? My experience is the pools look nice, but are far colder than I like, swimsuit or not.

This post was edited

My wife and I were swimming in the hotel pool several times every day. It had a comfortable temperature. We had no access to the neighboring apartment complex. So I couldn't go swimming there. But I think the swimming pools couldn't be really cold there because it was warm and the sun was shining all day. Maybe people in the south have a different sense of temperature. I am used to swim in the North Sea and the Baltic Sea in summer which can be very refreshing.

This post was edited

I think you are correct.Maybe people in the south have a different sense of temperature. I am used to swim in the North Sea and the Baltic Sea in summer which can be very refreshing.I used to live near San Francisco -- although it warm enough there, it is substantially cooler than Los Angeles.

My wife and I took our kids to Disneyland one year in October (I believe). Temps were still in the high 70s to low 80s F. Plenty nice for swimming. But the locals thought I was insane for going swimming when it was so cold out.

Another time, we visited my wife's uncle and aunt in Phoenix AZ. The temps were only in the 90s F and they thought I was insane for going swimming. They had their furnace set to come on at 80 -- which, according to them, is WAY to cold for comfort.

This post was edited

Now to my question. When we were on our balcony in the afternoon we could hear the people in the appartment vis-a-vis and see them when they were on their balcony. They were clothed. Why are they not nude in a nudist resort? We could see other people walking to the nudist beach, clothed. Only one day somebody went nude to the beach. And there were 2 pools on the resort. A caretaker cleaned them from time to time from foliage. But we had never seen anybody swimming in it. We had no explanation. Just some thinking you only do on holidays.

The resort next to the hotel's south side is called Natura World. Unfortunately although originally supposed to be a naturist complex the developer decided to sell apartments to anyone naturists or textile, so weirdly the complex is now half and half with at times warring factions from both. There are issues in the summer around the pool usage consequently i.e. can textiles use it. This would explain why you saw clothed people there.

This post was edited

Maybe they just arrived and want to see what happen in the neighbourhood....
People arrive with clothes and gone with clothes...Give people the time to feel them well...
Enjoy your naked time and think not to much on what other people do..just relax and enjoy, it's vacationtime!
I was swimming in the pool....warm enoff...

This post was edited