Homes in Clothing Optional Resorts

For those of you who live or have a second home in a clothing optional resort, do they have less storage place for clothes than other housing of similar size since you don't need as much of it?

This topic was edited
RE:Homes in Clothing Optional Resorts

I actually dont own that many clothes. I work mostly from home and am nude almost all of the time. So the clothes I do own remain clean and new for much longer. Id imagine it would be the same if I had another home at a CO resort.Tonne honest I have far too much closet space.
If your clothing suppy is really small, you could post it on my "Clothing Countdown" thread.
Perhaps if you lived in a CO resort, the closets would be smaller because there would be an expectation that the occupants wouldn't have much clothing.

This post was edited

The resort near me doesn't have any built-in-place homes.For those of you who live or have a second home in a clothing optional resort, do they have less storage place for clothes than other housing of similar size since you don't need as much of it?Rather, they are all motor homes and that sort of thing. None of them were specifically designed for a nudist or clothing optional resort.

A built-in-place home could be very different from other homes.

Would would be the need for internal doors or even walls? Walk-in closets? Really? Space becomes more efficient more useable, when there are fewer wall dividing it up.

Where I live now, I'd like to have an outdoor shower -- an outdoor tub would also be great. In a clothing optional resort, you could have those right out in the open.

This post was edited

The resort near me doesn't have any built-in-place homes.For those of you who live or have a second home in a clothing optional resort, do they have less storage place for clothes than other housing of similar size since you don't need as much of it?Rather, they are all motor homes and that sort of thing. None of them were specifically designed for a nudist or clothing optional resort.A built-in-place home could be very different from other homes.Would would be the need for internal doors or even walls? Walk-in closets? Really? Space becomes more efficient more useable, when there are fewer wall dividing it up.Where I live now, I'd like to have an outdoor shower -- an outdoor tub would also be great. In a clothing optional resort, you could have those right out in the open.

A male couple on another board did what you suggested. When they retired, they got rid of most of their clothes, moved the little they still had to the laundry room and gave away their dressers and removed their closets. They also took out all interior walls except for one lavatory.
Another male couple was designing a retirement home with no interior walls. Their plan was to have one storage bin of clothing to share. They were going install a full body hot air dryer to further minimize laundry.

This post was edited

Would love to have that dryer.

This post was edited

A few years ago I moved from a 2,800 sf home to my current 1,000 sf home. I live in a rural area with no neighbors so I'm naked 24/7, inside and out, weather permitting. My home is clothing optional for guests. There are no bedroom or bathroom doors because I believe in living an open lifestyle with nothing to hide. Whether you are taking a shower, using the toilet or even having sex, there's no reason it needs to be private. If I'm making love with my partner, I'm totally fine if someone wants to watch. When I moved, I got rid of almost all of my clothes. I have one small closet with a sport coat, winter coat, pair of slacks, pair of jeans, a couple dress shirts and several T shirts. The other 2 closets are used for storage (files, Christmas stuff, air mattress, old pictures, etc). I do laundry once a week, mainly towels and sheets. If I were to design a home, it would have no interior walls other than a storage/ laundry area.

This post was edited

I've been thinking about this also.If I were to design a home, it would have no interior walls other than a storage/ laundry area.I think the laundry room could include a built in closet and dresser -- so, what little clothing I own, could just stay right there.

The rest of the house could be totally open. No reason for separate bedrooms.

My only issue with a totally open house would be my need for total darkness while sleeping. Right now, the window in my bedroom is covered in two layers of black plastic. I even close the bathroom door that's in my bedroom because I have a clock in the bathroom that has an LED display -- WAY TOO MUCH LIGHT. It's nice for the rare occasion I use the bathroom in the middle of the night, but other than that it's like a search light.

So, I suppose if I had heavy light-absorbing draperies over all of the windows, that would work.

I can also see an issue if different people slept on different schedules. But I'm single and live alone -- so, that's not a issue for me.

But as far as needing privacy for such common normal natural behaviors as showering, shitting, pissing, and brushing your teeth -- that's total non-sense. Same with sexual behavior -- nothing shameful about sex -- nothing that needs to be private or hidden.

This post was edited

A few years ago I moved from a 2,800 sf home to my current 1,000 sf home. I live in a rural area with no neighbors so I'm naked 24/7, inside and out, weather permitting. My home is clothing optional for guests. There are no bedroom or bathroom doors because I believe in living an open lifestyle with nothing to hide. Whether you are taking a shower, using the toilet or even having sex, there's no reason it needs to be private. If I'm making love with my partner, I'm totally fine if someone wants to watch. When I moved, I got rid of almost all of my clothes. I have one small closet with a sport coat, winter coat, pair of slacks, pair of jeans, a couple dress shirts and several T shirts. The other 2 closets are used for storage (files, Christmas stuff, air mattress, old pictures, etc). I do laundry once a week, mainly towels and sheets. If I were to design a home, it would have no interior walls other than a storage/ laundry area.

Any shorts?
I would then assume that you don't have a dresser.
You could post your clothing supply on my Clothing Countdown thread. It would be one of the smallest.

This post was edited

I do have a pair of shorts and a dresser, mainly for storage, and to hold a TV. Neither bathroom has any shelves so the dresser holds towels, sheets and blankets. I have a drawer with a pair of shorts, 3 pairs of socks and one pouch thong. The other drawer is where I keep lube and some anal toys.

This post was edited

Noticed that you like most of the men who have very little clothing have more shirts than pants and shorts. My moderately small clothing supply does, too.
Seems strange since there are occasions when shorts are required for men, but shirts are not,

This post was edited

we live in one we have a lot of towels!! lol still need the wash machine

This post was edited