RE:Wife's idea

Just so everyone knows my niece is 48 married and hasn't kids and the pics were just me nude not doing anything so

This post was edited

Hi JohnE44,
I think in other situations people have suggested leaving nude vacation pictures laying out as a conversation starter. If the 48 year old (which may have seen him skinny dipping in the past) is snooping through someones phone. Then so be it.

This post was edited

After that was she OK with you being nude also?Many people have more comfort with same gender nudity than mixed.

Yes. She did say she was ok with me staying nude as well. The only problem was: I was not comfortable hanging out naked around my dressed MIL like my wife was.
She did catch me nude once, as my wife let her inside the house while I was showering. When I came out into the living room naked I saw her sitting on the living room couch; and she immediately exclaimed: "Woohoo!"; which made me feel self-conscious. She didn't mean anything by it but I found it so off-putting that I turned around and grabbed a pair of shorts. I was not the experienced social nudist I am today; and rather than sit with her and discuss nudist etiquette, I chose to not be naked around her. I explained to my wife that the best way to normalize nudity between us would be if her Mom got naked too when she came over. But in spite of multiple invitations to disrobe or join us at the resort, she respectfully declined.

The "story" doesn't end there; as it had multiple episodes before the "grand finale." But for the sake of brevity I'll get straight to the conclusion. I had a conversation with my wife after we'd relocated, which surprised me. It turned out that my MIL was not at all opposed to being naked with us, but she was also concerned about how I would react to her nudity. So she was waiting for me to show comfort being naked around her before considering making the "leap." So basically, because I never sat down with her and discussed it, nothing ever happened.

The moral of the story is: communication. Obviously, I don't know how a conversation about us being naked around each other would have turned out. But at least we could have talked about it.

This post was edited

After that was she OK with you being nude also?Many people have more comfort with same gender nudity than mixed.Yes. She did say she was ok with me staying nude as well. The only problem was: I was not comfortable hanging out naked around my dressed MIL like my wife was.She did catch me nude once, as my wife let her inside the house while I was showering. When I came out into the living room naked I saw her sitting on the living room couch; and she immediately exclaimed: "Woohoo!"; which made me feel self-conscious. She didn't mean anything by it but I found it so off-putting that I turned around and grabbed a pair of shorts. I was not the experienced social nudist I am today; and rather than sit with her and discuss nudist etiquette, I chose to not be naked around her. I explained to my wife that the best way to normalize nudity between us would be if her Mom got naked too when she came over. But in spite of multiple invitations to disrobe or join us at the resort, she respectfully declined.The "story" doesn't end there; as it had multiple episodes before the "grand finale." But for the sake of brevity I'll get straight to the conclusion. I had a conversation with my wife after we'd relocated, which surprised me. It turned out that my MIL was not at all opposed to being naked with us, but she was also concerned about how I would react to her nudity. So she was waiting for me to show comfort being naked around her before considering making the "leap." So basically, because I never sat down with her and discussed it, nothing ever happened.The moral of the story is: communication. Obviously, I don't know how a conversation about us being naked around each other would have turned out. But at least we could have talked about it.

I agree that communication is helpful. I have a privacy fence around my pool and deck. One neighbor can still see into part of the area. I knew him well enough to know that he didn't care. When a new neighbor moved in, I put a wind screen on top of the fence. When I took it down in the fall, he asked me about it. I said that I prefer to swim and sun nude, He said that it wouldn't bother him if he he saw it over the fence. I won't have to get another wind screen next summer,

This post was edited

you need help

This post was edited