RE:Caught Hiking Nude

I agree... nothing shameful about it. :-))

This post was edited

I have been seen quite a lot of times during naked walks here in Scotland. Never had a negative reaction yet, I'm happy to report. I used to get very worried and nervous about the possibility of being seen, but really do not bother about it so much now.
It's not illegal, it is natural, and it's fun. Others usually smile or say something nice and positive.

This post was edited

If it were clearly not illegal where I live, I would hike nude frequently.

This post was edited

If it were clearly not illegal where I live, I would hike nude frequently.

And that's the problem, " clearly" ..while there is no specific offence as being naked in public, the " legality" of it is out of your hands, and in the hands of whoever you may run into, if they decide they are offended, then it becomes an offence, " behaviour likely to cause offence". So it is a bit of a lottery, although I will say having met people several times on walks, I've never had a problem, and I think a lot is to do with how you react, if try and hide or cover up you are conveying the idea that you are doing something wrong, just say good morning and go on your way as if it's perfectly normal,
The other problem is people who get offended, obviously there are things that are universally offensive, such as racism, sexism etc, because there is malicious intent to upset or harm,
Just because some decides that the human body is "offensive" why does that become my problem,
They're offended, so what , nothing happens!!!
I'm offended when I hear boy bands...doesn't mean I have any right to ban them...

This post was edited

If it were clearly not illegal where I live, I would hike nude frequently.And that's the problem, " clearly" ..while there is no specific offence as being naked in public, the " legality" of it is out of your hands, and in the hands of whoever you may run into, if they decide they are offended, then it becomes an offence, " behaviour likely to cause offence". So it is a bit of a lottery, although I will say having met people several times on walks, I've never had a problem, and I think a lot is to do with how you react, if try and hide or cover up you are conveying the idea that you are doing something wrong, just say good morning and go on your way as if it's perfectly normal,The other problem is people who get offended, obviously there are things that are universally offensive, such as racism, sexism etc, because there is malicious intent to upset or harm,Just because some decides that the human body is "offensive" why does that become my problem,They're offended, so what , nothing happens!!!I'm offended when I hear boy bands...doesn't mean I have any right to ban them...
Unfortunately, in many cases, the people on the receiving end of racism, sexism, etc. are offended, but people on the other side are not.
Even though I am a practicing Christian, I am offended by praise bands, but apparently most Christians are not.

This post was edited

If it were clearly not illegal where I live, I would hike nude frequently.Have you ever hiked nude Minimalist75?

Not really hiked.
I have walked a significant distance nude beginning at the nude beach before they put clothing required signs on each side of it.
I have walked nude deep in the woods. by always have shorts handy just in case.

This post was edited

When we took a hike on Colorado mountain trail that needed 4wd jeep to get to- there was no problem.I put allStopped couple times to talk with other guys who were clothed, but never had any problems. It was like both of us had clothes or both were naked - it was just a conversation.

This post was edited

When we took a hike on Colorado mountain trail that needed 4wd jeep to get to- there was no problem.I put allStopped couple times to talk with other guys who were clothed, but never had any problems. It was like both of us had clothes or both were naked - it was just a conversation.

This post was edited

Never in California, only Arizona. I've almost been caught a few times, but I've been fortunate to hear people coming which gives me a chance to become decent enough with shorts. Short 3-5" inseam running shorts is not too far off from nude...but I always try to be considerate of others and their experience in nature

This post was edited

Never in California, only Arizona. I've almost been caught a few times, but I've been fortunate to hear people coming which gives me a chance to become decent enough with shorts. Short 3-5" inseam running shorts is not too far off from nude...but I always try to be considerate of others and their experience in nature

We are all "decent" nude. You were being accommodating.

This post was edited