RE:Caught Hiking Nude

We've done a little hiking and some of it while nude. We tend to go to DeAnza Springs Resort and hike the trails leading out of the resort into the Anza Borrego State Park. Because of these trails being accessible to the nudist resort, many of those hiking clothed are aware that they might/will encounter nude hikers. We've encountered clothed hikers and they seem quite accepting by smiling, waving or saying hello or having short conversations.

A good friend and I did some naked hiking in the Saguaro Nat'l Park in AZ. Not many people out there but we did cross paths with a younger couple, and both were topless. We were staying at Mira Vista Resort and a couple of days later, we took the ladies out with us and they hiked topless. No one on the trail that day.

Tanque Verde Falls trail near Tucson, AZ supposedly has a clothing optional trail. We've been to Tucson several times but have not done this trail yet. I would imagine it's not being "caught" if others realize that the trail is clothing optional.

This post was edited

Since there's no law against males going "topless", it seems to me the easiest way to hike nude in a "questionable" area would be with a wrap-around kilt with a velcro waist fastener. It would be easy to carry and quick & easy to put on if someone comes into view. I bought one [kilt] for when I go to nudist resorts - yes, there are times at a nudist resort when you might want to cover up.

This post was edited

Zeemacc wrote:
- yes, there are times at a nudist resort when you might want to cover up.

True... like every time you want to sit down somewhere but don't want to carry around a towel. I wear a light linen robe for that purpose. It also helps me keep the risk of sunburn lower.

This post was edited

Where is this 2200 acre clothing optional site? That sounds great! Certainly sounds worthy of checking out!I would like to know where this is, myself.

I think what he is referring to is the Orient Land Trust (aka Valley View Hot Springs) located in Colorado's San Lus Valley. The valley is located in south central Colorado near the town of Alamosa. You can Google it for the website address and I believe there is a locations page on TN.

This post was edited

A friend and I were hiking nude along Lower Bear Creek in the San Gabriel Mountains a few years ago.
About an hour into the hike we came across two forest rangers going in the opposite direction.
As we passed each other they just smiled and said "Watch out for the poison oak!"

This post was edited

Ive hiked nude in the Las Padres National Forest many times on several different trails and gated roads. Although I typically choose times and locations to avoid other hikers and mountain bikers, I have had several encounters over the years. Only one of those was less than pleasant and that was two women who kept their eyes on the trail without looking up. Most people would simply smile or make a comment like: thats one way to keep cool.

I have also hiked nude on BLM lands in Central Oregon, once covering 12 miles and only seeing one other person. Evening hikes in the high desert as the temperatures drop from the days highs are often good times to go. Be careful to time your hike to avoid being caught out in the dark and you will have a peaceful hike and miss the scorching daytime temperatures.

This post was edited

Have been hiking nude for many years and have had several encounters with textiles. Most were friendly, I normally have my hiking kilt. in my hand to cover those parts that may be affective to some. People are generally ok with this old guy. Only one, said "OH Really", another event. park rangers drove up from behind a friend and me, both naked. saying " someone else might see guys, please keep your shorts on. .
Most parks or beaches, I tend to find a secluded sections to be nude. No real problem. Just be prepared to cover-up if needed. If people are there before you, ask if they are ok with clothes optional sunbathing.

This post was edited

I went to the local national park a while back. It is the only local place to go free hiking. I met a textile m-f couple who were headed back to the parking area. We exchanged pleasantries. On my way back out, I met a f-f couple. They didn't speak. They did keep looking back at me. There is another place where it is a camping area. There is a paved road. Sometimes I stay on it. It is almost a mile around the circle. There have been several pass by and just smile and wave as they go by. No one has seemed put out or complained. Now that it is spring, I plan to go as often as possible.

This post was edited

hiking nude is one of a must activity while nude, but sometimes it's doesn't go as plan.

for me, when people seeing me hiking nude they will ask like what do you doing? why you are naked? or so..
and yeah, i need to explain, and that's i like naked outside much..

thanks god so far i have no problem with that, although some people can be misunderstanding too..

This post was edited

Some years ago in Glacier Park, I was hiking on a trail and came to an alpine lake. Across the lake were some people on the shore nude. I took off my clothes and was going to continue when a group came along of mostly kids. I got dressed again and went back, as there was a warning for grizzly bears and too many people for me. I didn't know at the time that nudity is allowed in national parks, oh well maybe next time.

This post was edited