RE:Topic Deleted

There is no freedom of speech here.Given that a recent topic was deleted for no other purpose then to maintain the status quo of suppression of freedom of speech here, it is obviously best that those who was a mature and intelligent conversation head to other sites and abandon this site to the usual 'naked hugs, cyber kisses, and how is the weather' nonsense. It is obviously beyond the scope of this site to allow anything other then grade school topics. This is very sad indeed because it just proves the point that all here are considered incapable of having intelligent and mature conversations about anything of substance!The Bill of Rights protect citizens from the government, not from each other.I don't know why any particular topic gets deleted, but there are different reasons for why a topic does get deleted.* The person who created to topic can delete it for any reason or no reason at all,* When an account is deleted (for whatever reason), all of the forum posts made from that account are also deleted. If that person started some discussions, those entire discussions get deleted.

The First Amendment to the USA Constitution protect Freedom of Speech. The U.S. Supreme Court has and continues to struggle with what exactly constitutes protected speech and as such it is still open to interpretation.

Freedom of speech does not include the right:

To incite imminent lawless action.
Brandenburg v. Ohio, 395 U.S. 444 (1969).

To make or distribute obscene materials.
Roth v. United States, 354 U.S. 476 (1957).

To burn draft cards as an anti-war protest.
United States v. OBrien, 391 U.S. 367 (1968).

To permit students to print articles in a school newspaper over the objections of the school administration.
Hazelwood School District v. Kuhlmeier, 484 U.S. 260 (1988).

Of students to make an obscene speech at a school-sponsored event.
Bethel School District #43 v. Fraser, 478 U.S. 675 (1986).

Of students to advocate illegal drug use at a school-sponsored event.
Morse v. Frederick, __ U.S. __ (2007).

The misinformation wars are only heating up and the USA is being forced to face and deal with this issue.

https://www.justsecurity.org/80057/foreign-disinformation-what-the-us-government-can-start-doing-now/

The person who started the missing threads (including myself) did not delete them. We also did not remove our own avatars.

There are many on line sites that are currently being attacked by Russian misinformation trolls. These trolls spread lies, misinformation, and confusion among an uninformed population. Most of these sites have been forced to protect what they consider freedom of speech by deleting the trolls and their lies. Otherwise they become a front for misinformation and then no one anywhere would believe anything that is said on line and the trolls win.

Here on TN those who speak out for Ukraine were attacked by these trolls. Everyone everywhere needs to take a stand and decide where they stand on this issue. The war will spread unless it is stopped in Ukraine. Some might prefer to put their head in the sand until it is too late and that will be when either the Russians come knocking on their door with the well known Stalin midnight knock at the door terror or a mushroom cloud incinerates their front door. By then it will be too late.

This post was edited

Absolutely horrified to find this topic has been deleted. I'm definitely going to assess whether I want to stay on a site where chat is controlled and limited to what you're allowed to say.

What topic was that?

This post was edited

Might I make a few observations?

Did it occur to anyone that the missing topics were not removed because or the topic but because on the behavior of some of the participants in the thread. Seems like there were a lot of personal attacks which the rules prohibit. It's ok to disagree and debate the issues, just be civil about it.

And I would like to remind everyone... This is a privately owned website and the owners have graciously allowed the public to use it. This means they can allow or delete any damn thing they want too. They don't have to justify it to anyone.

This post was edited

Might I make a few observations?Did it occur to anyone that the missing topics were not removed because or the topic but because on the behavior of some of the participants in the thread.

Yes it did occur but the posts in that particular thread were civil and informative. Any other ideas as to why that thread was deleted? Kinda strange how some criticize the tone of threads but then never post or add anything productive to the topic at hand. Has anyone ever considered changing the tone of the topic by making meaningful and constructive posts to the topic instead of just criticizing the topics. Makes a person wonder why anyone should post anything here.

This post was edited

..........And I would like to remind everyone... This is a privately owned website and the owners have graciously allowed the public to use it. This means they can allow or delete any damn thing they want too. They don't have to justify it to anyone.

I would also like to remind everyone that only a handful of members here ever post anything meaningful. They have graciously decided to post in spite of the negative comments consistently made about such posts. This means that they can just shut up and leave a dead forum behind. They also do not have to justify it to anyone.

This post was edited

i dont understand how one can be civil about what russia is doing to be honest , but the issue here i think is the people pushing the fake news in here about russia ,that needs to be addressed , every country an gov in the world knows that is happening and are taking measures ,the owners been graciously allowing us to use the site ?i thought it was here for the purpose of getting people to use it , yes its privately owned business .i have had blogs removed even for no given reason along with posts in here too in reply to some topics,as previous poster has had done to him .i do find it odd that it happens to me.maybe it is because i speak out .

Hundreds of people use this site everyday although most do not use the forum. Every single one of them have an opinion on any given subject. Not everyone is going to agree with everything. To prevent the threads from spiraling out of control, civil debate is needed. Accusations and personal attacks do nothing to help the situation.

I was just offering some possible reasons why the topics were removed and to remind everyone that Freedom of Speech does not exist on a privately owned website. And yes I believe most of us have had stuff removed from this site. I have noticed pics and blogs missing myself. I don't take it personal. It is probably buggy code. The way I see it, I can accept this site for what it is or I can go to another site. Buggy or not it is a pretty good site so I stick around.

For the record, I'm against what Russia is doing but I will not be drawn in to a online debate about it. It serves no purpose on this website.

This post was edited

i dont understand how one can be civil about what russia is doing to be honest , but the issue here i think is the people pushing the fake news in here about russia ,that needs to be addressed , every country an gov in the world knows that is happening and are taking measures ,the owners been graciously allowing us to use the site ?i thought it was here for the purpose of getting people to use it , yes its privately owned business .i have had blogs removed even for no given reason along with posts in here too in reply to some topics,as previous poster has had done to him .i do find it odd that it happens to me.maybe it is because i speak out .Hundreds of people use this site everyday although most do not use the forum. Every single one of them have an opinion on any given subject. Not everyone is going to agree with everything. To prevent the threads from spiraling out of control, civil debate is needed. Accusations and personal attacks do nothing to help the situation.I was just offering some possible reasons why the topics were removed and to remind everyone that Freedom of Speech does not exist on a privately owned website. And yes I believe most of us have had stuff removed from this site. I have noticed pics and blogs missing myself. I don't take it personal. It is probably buggy code. The way I see it, I can accept this site for what it is or I can go to another site. Buggy or not it is a pretty good site so I stick around.For the record, I'm against what Russia is doing but I will not be drawn in to a online debate about it. It serves no purpose on this website.

You are either not reading or understanding what anyone wrote so far in this topic.

1) There was a blog and someone complained that the blog should be removed. The moderator said that the blog will remain due to "Freedom of Speech". Freedom of Speech does indeed exist here. Perhaps all moderators do not feel this way, but obviously some do.

2) I have listed the specific details of why our avatars, posts and threads were removed. I came to a logical and sensible conclusion based upon factual observations. I did not just shoot off a baseless opinion because it sounds good. Anyone can post baseless opinions about 'buggy code'. Anyone can also post any baseless opinions such as Martians deleting posts. Anyone can post anything.

The only thing that is happening here is that some of us are beginning to accept what one part of what Rafael said earlier and that is that some here are either too immature or lack the ability to engage in meaningful adult conversation. I do not agree that everyone here is this way, but there appears to be enough to make an outsider believe that this site should not extend beyond simple minded chat and a dead forum because too many are unable to handle anything beyond that.

This post was edited

Pardon me for offering another point of view. Some just argue to prove some kind of superiority. Which is far more damaging than any freedom of speech violation. It will just make us dumb common folk not want to participate in forum topics. Which will cause exactly what you are describing... A dead forum.

I'm sorry I intruded on your topic. Carry on.

This post was edited

Pardon me for offering another point of view. Some just argue to prove some kind of superiority. Which is far more damaging than any freedom of speech violation. It will just make us dumb common folk not want to participate in forum topics. Which will cause exactly what you are describing... A dead forum.I'm sorry I intruded on your topic. Carry on.

We are trying to get you to understand what is going on here. You would rather drop out then participate with meaningful conversation. You just really do not understand. Pro-Russian Propaganda trolls are all over the internet spreading lies and misinformation in order to confuse and dupe an uninformed people. Yet, you want to have 'civil' conversations with such people? No one is arguing to prove any superiority. Some are presenting fact and direct observations yet you take this as 'superiority'. Nudysta has just come back from the Polish border. He brought back 5 mothers and 12 children. He will find safe places for them to stay. He is there at the front lines. He sees, hears, knows the refugee tragedy first hand. Yet you want civil conversation about this serious topic. We are not babies here. We do not have time to play games with this situation. We are all in our own way doing what we can to help the Ukraine people. We speak out.

You did not intrude on any topic. BUT, you refuse to consider another viewpoint and take it that someone is trying to prove you wrong. Can't you see that there is no time for proving anyone right or wrong. There is only time now to save lives.

This post was edited

I get what you are saying. You believe that Russian agents are here and spreading propaganda. But the topic is "Topic Deleted". I read all your theories on why the topics were deleted including the notion that the site owners are being paid to remove posts and that certain members are paid Russian agents solely here to dispute anything having to do with the slaughter. All of which is baseless. I offered some programming reasons, this site is full of bugs, which may or may not be the reason. I don't know and neither do you. I was speculating and was passive aggressively attacked. So I concede that I'm just not intelligent enough to contribute to the conversation. As I say.. Carry on.

This post was edited