Topic Deleted

Given that a recent topic was deleted for no other purpose then to maintain the status quo of suppression of freedom of speech here, it is obviously best that those who was a mature and intelligent conversation head to other sites and abandon this site to the usual 'naked hugs, cyber kisses, and how is the weather' nonsense. It is obviously beyond the scope of this site to allow anything other then grade school topics. This is very sad indeed because it just proves the point that all here are considered incapable of having intelligent and mature conversations about anything of substance!

This topic was edited
RE:Topic Deleted

Sadly, I must concur with your assessment though not quite with the same fervor. The fact that a very serious world affecting event is occurring and is being *closely controlled * is evidence of a lack of faith in both intellect and self control among participants. Many deleted posts were thought out and offered opinions on the context, content and methods of conveyance. No one was in lockstep and the variance and strength of points given were widespread. We cannot hope to move forward in knowledge and understanding of ideas & events without making civil exchanges. That is the reason the First Amendment was written. But there is a caveat here, the afore is for public endeavor while this is obviously a private one. Teamtrue1 is justified to be concerned about rude, malicious content as the internet has proven beyond any doubt. But please, wait until nastiness raises its ugly head before censoring content. And even then, you might want to save the baby from the bath water.

This post was edited

I would agree that it is wrong that the thread you refer to and which I had commented on was deleted.
What we share in common is an interest in naturism and spending our time naked. That shouldnt mean that discussion in forums and/or chat room is limited to naturist related topics. Just look at the various threads around sexual behaviour that keep going to realise how crazy deleting/banning conversations about a particular world event is.
We have naturism in common, if we want to discuss world situations with other naturists then where else would you do it.
If individual comments/posts become unacceptable then they should be removed. But not the whole thread.

This post was edited

We were not even talking about Ukraine! We were actually talking about meaningful topics in general that can be discussed here. Ukraine is just one topic. Sadly it appears that any topic that involves any thought will be censored and deleted. Such is the way that it obviously is here and so best to keep the intelligent conversations elsewhere and keep the trite and meaningless conversations about naked hugs, etc here. Is it any wonder then why so many here never say one word in open chat or forum and those who attempt to do so give up when censored and move on to other sites.

This post was edited

Absolutely horrified to find this topic has been deleted. I'm definitely going to assess whether I want to stay on a site where chat is controlled and limited to what you're allowed to say.

This post was edited

i also replied and as usual my post was deleted like every other one i ever posted, i will never post anything on this site ever again .

This is exactly why those who contribute to the forum give up and leave.

This post was edited

Absolutely horrified to find this topic has been deleted. I'm definitely going to assess whether I want to stay on a site where chat is controlled and limited to what you're allowed to say.

There was nothing remotely close to argument about anything in our discussions. If we can not even have civil conversation about being allowed to discuss certain topics, then there is absolutely no hope here. Only one person objected to having a discussion about any meaningful topic and we actually never got to discuss anything before the topic was deleted. Just goes to show that it is pointless to contribute or talk about anything meaningful here. TT2...are you listening???

This post was edited

As already mentioned, the ideal of free speech (and it is an ideal, especially for this of us outside the US*) is something that should be imposed on governments and, especially in this modern age, communication mechanisms (looking at you, Silicon Valley).

TN and TS are not the government and, to me, are not a general platform, such as Twitter. I accept that they can restrict certain topics on that basis, and we can choose to participate or not on that same basis. I avoid creating such topics on that basis, even if I find it hard to resist joining in the fray once the topic has been created by someone else. :-) Perhaps you can join other platforms.

* It seems to me, a robust Constitution supported by a populace with the resources to defend it are the best safeguard, this side of things getting kinetic (and even then, resourcefulness is useful). In Australia, free speech is not addressed in the way it is in the US which was never a problem until governments found they had little impediment to placing restrictions. Our Constitution does address freedom of movement between the states but that was ignored at times in the past two years, and legal efforts to block the laws were unsuccessful as the High Court chose not to reverse government actions in defence of the Constitution. **

** This post may cross the TN line. If it (or I) disappear, you'll know why! :-)

This post was edited

If you live in Russia or China you could speak about the suppression of freedom of speech. Or better you don't do that if you live there. But to speak about the fredom of speech because one of your topics was deleted out of whichever reasons. I think some people lacks the measure of things today.

This post was edited

If you live in Russia or China you could speak about the suppression of freedom of speech. Or better you don't do that if you live there. But to speak about the fredom of speech because one of your topics was deleted out of whichever reasons. I think some people lacks the measure of things today.

Be very careful saying what you think on here. You may cause this post to be deleted, lol.

This post was edited

From the beginning I said many people were not ready for this topic. The emotional intelligence its very poor of many people in this site. Anyways there are other channels for that kind of debates. In fact there are so many that I dont understand why many people are whining here.

LOL.......... Why are you here whining then?

Why not just live and let live..........let people have the freedom to speak as they wish..........or else start censoring and shutting down people's ability to speak because you are of the opinion that there are other channels for a discussion or a few people are too immature to handle such conversations. The main problem with this website is that it has been dumbed down so much due to a few who can't handle anything beyond naked hugs, etc so they resort to complaining about topics that do not interest them. They have their topics and no one is objecting to their topics so let others have theirs. If someone does not like the topic at hand then just move on.

If you have ever raised or dealt with children, then you will know that at night the kids are sent to bed so the adults can have their adult conversations. Send the kids to bed here so the adults can have their conversations........

This post was edited