RE:First time nude with other people.

I'm "heavier" and I've never had anyone say anything about it. What you may hear and see the first time you go is people and in particular the regulars, will just want to know who you are and why you're there. I wouldn't worry about it and if you want proof, take a look at my profile pictures. I've spent a lot of time at different nudist places, some small and at least one larger one, numerous times.

This post was edited

The first time I was nude around others was at a party when I was 20. A large group of us at the party decided to play strip poker. Rules was last person wearing anything wins. Basically one of the girls playing ended up with just panties on and the rest of us were naked. I lost out last to this lady and was sitting right next to her. The living room was full of people who were watching but not playing so they were fully dressed. I was nervous and happy to break this barrier I felt I had in my life at that moment. So off with my underwear. The girl next to me giggled a bit and that was it. Now half the people at the party was naked and we stayed that way for a while, got dressed and played again. This time I won with my underwear and tee shirt on. I took my victory lap and finished stripping and we partied the rest of the night nude. The party was about over but it was so liberating to be naked after wanting to experience this for so long. The girl sitting next to me during the game ended up making plans with me to visit a resort nearby, but we never made it. Our new party game became strip poker for awhile. During that time I ended up nude in front of nearly every friend we had which was a fairly large group around 30 people. Also people I didn't know was around when we played so I was nude in front of them as well. Friends would bring friends they knew but no one else in our group knew so strangers would be watching us play. The ones who were not comfortable being around us nude would leave the parties once they realized we were serious about skipping everything off. I think some just showed up so they could see 5 or more people get naked and just hang out at the party. At some point I got very comfortable being naked especially in front of any of these friends I had already been nude in front of. It was hard to believe that just a couple months earlier I had been wanting to strip off but was too shy to do so. Not long after rat I did visit my first social nude experience else where with nothing but strangers. Probably at least 100 people I didn't know as I stayed a weekend on a holiday for my first time visiting. After that I thought I was pretty well set to live life as a nudist if I wanted.

This post was edited

I totally agree with you! I have found that being nude with other nudists is invigorating and enjoyable. Nudists need to go up to other nudists and get to know them, since they are not wearing clothing which does give away some messages on some people. Hence why I love being nude!
Hickguy M.D.

This post was edited

I was that plus sized friend of geonude's and I have had zero negative responses from anyone. Bodyshaming does not seem to be a thing in the nude world. I went from that first beach experience to just returning from a nude cruise with over 1000 other nude folks. The body perfect, swim suit model type was primarily noticed by their absence from the boat and again, not a single disparaging comment. Don't let your size stop you from finding the freedom of a nude lifestyle. I can't believe I spent over 60 years waiting for this chance...I have never looked back.

This post was edited

the longer you wait the more you will regret not going sooner fine yourself a nude beach, camp/resort near you and go and just my advise to newcomers if you go to a nudist camp/resort undress at your car and go to the social area - usually the pool NUDE you will get less " oh a newcomer look" you will be just another nudist . and yes nudist come in all shapes and sizes ,colors , and disabilities , i once met a nudist couple at camp he was paralyzed from the neck down from a diving accident and visiting a nudist camp was on his bucket list we all even helped get him in the pool . not everyone is going to be accepting of everyone as 10 minutes before we all had pants on and people are people but for the most part everyone is friendly were all there for same think R&R , sun and recreation . you'll do fine.

This post was edited