Exercise

There is a lot of discussion here and elsewhere that before the 1980s nude swimming was the norm and being nude for other athletic activities was not uncommon at male only locations. I am not aware if same was true for females. Could anyone comment on their experiences about this?

This topic was edited
RE:Exercise

The photographs from that era show nude boys at swim meets with girls in swim suits. Lots of images of nude boys in and around swimming pools. None of girls.

This post was edited

There is a lot of discussion here and elsewhere that before the 1980s nude swimming was the norm and being nude for other athletic activities was not uncommon at male only locations. I am not aware if same was true for females. Could anyone comment on their experiences about this?I was always allowed to swim nude at the local county operated pool and at two different public lake swimming locations.Very few boys did this and the practice faded away by the time I was 17.The girls always wore bathing suits and the boys always wore small swim trunks.I recall busy days of 50-75 kids and adults of evenly mixed sexes with an average of 5- 10 boys naked.Of those more than half were little dudes under 10I remember about the time I was 14 or15 Id often be the only nude boy over 10 or 11 years old.By the time I was 17 I was often the only nude boy of any age. Then came the signs,Swim suits must be worn, No Cut off jeans.Seems cut off clogged pool filters.My mother told me I was made In Gods Image and raised without shame.

Did adult men ever swim nude or just boys?

This post was edited

She was right about that.My mother told me I was made In Gods Image and raised without shame.There is no part of the human body that is shameful, disgusting, or that needs to be kept hidden.

This post was edited

I lift weights Nude at home, so I understand why others did it.

Honestly, it's so blindingly obvious, it's a wonder so few people can see it.

This post was edited